+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport photos

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Okay just in case I got my passport picture taken in two different stores and one store stamped “I certify this is the true likeness…..” behind one photo and she stamped date on the back of the second photo, other store put the “I certify this is the true likeness………” behind both of the back of photos for the guarantor to sign it. My question is which one is correct?? Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
As long as at least one photo has a studio stamp and the guarantor's signature, that's all that matters. If both photos have the stamp or signature it will be accepted too.

Also honestly if IRCC didn't accept both stamped photos, photo studios would have stopped doing it by now. Stamping both makes it simpler for the applicant. For example, one stamp gets smudged, at least you have a backup.

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
As long as at least one photo has a studio stamp and the guarantor's signature, that's all that matters. If both photos have the stamp or signature it will be accepted too.

Also honestly if IRCC didn't accept both stamped photos, photo studios would have stopped doing it by now. Stamping both makes it simpler for the applicant. For example, one stamp gets smudged, at least you have a backup.
Thank you for your response :)