+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Number change after ITA.

sushantkanchan

Apr 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,

My Passport expires in March 2019 and I have applied for a renewal. However, it'll come at its own sweet time. I have entered the pool so that I do not miss out on the Draws.

If I receive an ITA with my old passport number can I change it to the new passport number later?

Rasveen

Aug 15, 2018
Mumbai
Hello Everyone,

My Passport expires in March 2019 and I have applied for a renewal. However, it'll come at its own sweet time. I have entered the pool so that I do not miss out on the Draws.

If I receive an ITA with my old passport number can I change it to the new passport number later?
Hi

Are you done with the process? I have the same issue. I have applied for the passport and it is taking time, because of whcih I have already missed 1 draw. So can I enter the pool with cancelled passport and update it afterwards?

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi

Are you done with the process? I have the same issue. I have applied for the passport and it is taking time, because of whcih I have already missed 1 draw. So can I enter the pool with cancelled passport and update it afterwards?
You can update afterwards it is not an issue.. I renewed my passport after ITA and did the same not a problem. just make sure everything gets done in time as you will have 2 months post ITA to submit everything.

warpdrive

Jun 19, 2013
Pakistan
You can update afterwards it is not an issue.. I renewed my passport after ITA and did the same not a problem. just make sure everything gets done in time as you will have 2 months post ITA to submit everything.
Hi there,

Can you please explain this to me in a bit more detail ? I am coming from the provincial nomination route and I got the nomination after a lot of effort and wait of more than a year and can't afford to lose it. I am expecting an ITA in the next draw but my passport is expiring in Jan 2020 which I just realized could be a problem when my application gets under processing. I will update my passport in the coming days but if I receive the ITA in the meanwhile, I won't be able to update the new passport details in my EE profile. You mentioned you updated your passport after ITA, I need to know how. I am unfamiliar with the post-ITA process so a bit more detailed step-by-step explanation would be truly appreciated. Thanks a lot

Reactions: taurus22

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi there,

Can you please explain this to me in a bit more detail ? I am coming from the provincial nomination route and I got the nomination after a lot of effort and wait of more than a year and can't afford to lose it. I am expecting an ITA in the next draw but my passport is expiring in Jan 2020 which I just realized could be a problem when my application gets under processing. I will update my passport in the coming days but if I receive the ITA in the meanwhile, I won't be able to update the new passport details in my EE profile. You mentioned you updated your passport after ITA, I need to know how. I am unfamiliar with the post-ITA process so a bit more detailed step-by-step explanation would be truly appreciated. Thanks a lot
There’s nothing to worry about, you will still be able to update your passport info after ITA. The form will be editable. Right now it might seem confusing but you will understand it when you see it and start filling all the details post ITA.

hollyb16

Feb 21, 2020
Hey,
When you renewed your passport did you upload the old and new copies of the bio pages? And also any visas in the old?
Thank you so much
Holly

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hey,
When you renewed your passport did you upload the old and new copies of the bio pages? And also any visas in the old?
Thank you so much
Holly
You only have to upload first 2 pages or so of your new passport where all the details are mentioned, nothing else. i had many stamps on previous passports that is not a problem.

jsjagday

Mar 6, 2020
Hi there,

same case here
one more thing i would like to ask
can we take medical exam on old passport as i already applied a new one but due to corona virus passport offices are closed in india
my passport is going to expire in august

jsjagday

Mar 6, 2020
There’s nothing to worry about, you will still be able to update your passport info after ITA. The form will be editable. Right now it might seem confusing but you will understand it when you see it and start filling all the details post ITA.
same case here
one more thing i would like to ask
can we take medical exam on old passport as i already applied a new one but due to corona virus passport offices are closed in india
my passport is going to expire in august

aojha

Sep 17, 2020
Hey guys,
I received an ITA in the last draw. I used to my previous passport to enter the pool and I had to get my passport reissued because I got married and had to get my spouse's name written on it. I have studied and lived in Canada since 2018 and hold a work permit now and so all the visas and stamps are in my previous passport. I also got my PCC done before applying for a new passport and so my PCC is linked to my previous passport and so is my ITA and IELTS. Do I upload my previous passport's pages as well?
Will really appreciate if someone can help.