+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport-no surname.Given name in passport used as Family Name in visa/CoPR

hereicomecanada

Oct 14, 2012
Hello all,

My passport does not have Surname(Last name) but only given (first) name. I got my visa/CoPR and they have used my given(first) name as Family name and left Given name blank. Its the same thing in my US visa, Given Naem -FNU and Surname is my given name of my passport.

Is this an error that i need to get corrected or that's how it's done in North America? I am planning to enter Canada in mid April. Please advise on what I need to do. Your response is appreciated.

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

hereicomecanada said:
Hello all,

My passport does not have Surname(Last name) but only given (first) name. I got my visa/CoPR and they have used my given(first) name as Family name and left Given name blank. Its the same thing in my US visa, Given Naem -FNU and Surname is my given name of my passport.

Is this an error that i need to get corrected or that's how it's done in North America? I am planning to enter Canada in mid April. Please advise on what I need to do. Your response is appreciated.

Thank you
1, Nothing to correct, no surname the first name is used as a surname,

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
hereicomecanada said:
Hello all,

Thank you
This is fine. LastName is mandatory in their system. So if your passport has just one name, they shift it to LastName.