+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport in person appointments

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Especially in pre-Christmas season when Postal services are facing the most problematic time of the year.
Yes. And because I have had an unfortunate experience with my citizenship certificate (that took 13 days to arrive), I didn't want to take a chance.

Also, the Kitchener Passport office is excellent. One of the best government offices I have been to in Canada.

Reactions: Hapique

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Especially in pre-Christmas season when Postal services are facing the most problematic time of the year.
Exactly!
I had to wait for a long time for my Citizenship Confirmation letter and the last thing I want is miss my flight because Canada Post challenges.

M_Bd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
21-04-2016
Med's Done....
24-04-2016
Interview........
Waived, Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
Hello to all! I've submitted online form to get an appointment for in-person application submission, however, I've got a confirmaion# right away mentioning that I'll be contacted within 2 business days but unfortunately 3 business days have been passed but I did not get any call yet! Multiples submission of the same inquiry has been discouraged, therefore, can anyone tell me what to do now? TIA

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
I received Certificates for my family and myself yesterday (Nov 18, 2021), whereas my oath was on Nov 12! So fast!
I drove this morning from Toronto to Kitchener and was there at 8:10am, approx. 10 people were in front of me, none with the appointment. I did not have it either. When they opened the office, I was the third in line for passport application. When my turn came, few more guys appeared to be with appointments and they were served first. A first person who checked the documents and gave me a number for another window took it 2-3 minutes to screen the docs. I waited for the next 5 minutes in the waiting area and approached the window. The person who took my application (one-by-one) was super kind and supportive! Indeed the best service ever. I have some plans to travel on Dec 10 (not confirmed yet) and I mentioned it on our applications. The clerk said the normal standard processing time will make the passports ready by Dec 3, therefore I don't need to apply for express / urgent. Moreover, someone was requesting the urgent pickup with travel plans late December and was rejected - the officials said there is no need and reason as they will still make it on time. So, save your money ;).
So, I applied for 3 passports, paid standard fee + pickup fee from their location. My in-person pickup date is December 3.
So far, so good!
Good luck to all!