+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport in person appointments

batedam

Jun 27, 2021
Hi,

Its been difficult to get a call back to book an appointment for passport within 10 days. I have an lead time to apply for visa / OCI of about 1-1.5 months.

Any ideas please? Its tough to be in a situation if i cant travel for emergent situations.

Thanks

Reactions: QueenPeaches

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Its been difficult to get a call back to book an appointment for passport within 10 days. I have an lead time to apply for visa / OCI of about 1-1.5 months.

Any ideas please? Its tough to be in a situation if i cant travel for emergent situations.
Well, you'll have to keep trying. If you already have booked tickets, tell them that and request an appointment date. I got an appointment date in 2 days but I had to submit my application in Kitchener.

You'll most likely get an appointment in Kitchener or St. Catherine's.

Dimples06

Jan 5, 2020
Well, you'll have to keep trying. If you already have booked tickets, tell them that and request an appointment date. I got an appointment date in 2 days but I had to submit my application in Kitchener.

You'll most likely get an appointment in Kitchener or St. Catherine's.
Hello. I understand the the guarantor need to be Canadian but what about the 2 references?

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Maybe my experience will help:

I completed my Oath on November 3
Certificate was sent on November 5th
Certificate received on November 16th

I went to the passport office in Kitchener today (17 November 2021)
- I was there at 7:45 AM and the office opens at 8:30 AM
- People who had a scheduled appointment were sent in first at 8:30 AM
- I had to wait for less than 5 minutes before I was sent in (I was the first in line for the walk-ins)
- Info verification for passport process took less than 15 minutes
- I paid $20 extra for in person pick up
- I have been called back in 2 weeks on Dec 1 to pick up the passport

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Maybe my experience will help:

I completed my Oath on November 3
Certificate was sent on November 5th
Certificate received on November 16th

I went to the passport office in Kitchener today (17 November 2021)
- I was there at 7:45 AM and the office opens at 8:30 AM
- People who had a scheduled appointment were sent in first at 8:30 AM
- I had to wait for less than 5 minutes before I was sent in (I was the first in line for the walk-ins)
- Info verification for passport process took less than 15 minutes
- I paid $20 extra for in person pick up
- I have been called back in 2 weeks on Dec 1 to pick up the passport
Thank you for this info!
Did you apply for standard pickup process?
No request / proof for expediting?

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Thank you for this info!
Did you apply for standard pickup process?
No request / proof for expediting?
I asked them if I could expedite the process and also requested them that I would like to pick up the passport myself.

They said as per the current timelines, we can have it ready in 2 weeks and to pick up at the centre is $20 additional charge.

I did have proof of travel but that is for Dec 12 - so it worked out for me.

Reactions: Hapique

gavlar

Aug 25, 2021
I asked them if I could expedite the process and also requested them that I would like to pick up the passport myself.

They said as per the current timelines, we can have it ready in 2 weeks and to pick up at the centre is $20 additional charge.

On top of the $20 pick up fee - did you pay for the passport to be expedited or is the current timeline of 2 weeks the standard service?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
On top of the $20 pick up fee - did you pay for the passport to be expedited or is the current timeline of 2 weeks the standard service?
$20 extra means the OP chose for "Standard Pickup" service.

If the OP had chosen the "Express Service" (expedited), the fee would be $50 extra. Standard service time (for Express service) is 2 - 9 business days. I got my passport in 2 business days though with the express service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hapique

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015

Thank you very much!
$20 extra means the OP chose for "Standard Pickup" service.

If the OP had chosen the "Express Service" (expedited), the fee would be $50 extra. Standard service time is 2 - 9 business days. I got my passport in 2 business days though with the express service.
Thank you!

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
You could let them know you need it within 9 working days by paying $50 additional as RKM has mentioned.
I personally didn't need it that early so was happy with Dec 1 (two weeks). My bigger concern was making sure I could it pick it up myself so that i don't have to wait for it arrive by post - which could take more than a couple of weeks sometimes.

Reactions: gavlar and Hapique

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
You could let them know you need it within 9 working days by paying $50 additional as RKM has mentioned.
I personally didn't need it that early so was happy with Dec 1 (two weeks). My bigger concern was making sure I could it pick it up myself so that i don't have to wait for it arrive by post - which could take more than a couple of weeks sometimes.
Especially in pre-Christmas season when Postal services are facing the most problematic time of the year.