+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport-Express Processing

gammabeta79

Mar 17, 2015
Hi,

I plan to apply for Express Passport and I have booked my AIR ticket to USA (no specific reason for visit, just casual visit) 9 days after my oath ceremony.

1. My ticket is ONLY one way. I am wondering if CANADIAN passport officer will question my intention of visit to USA?
2. Will one way ticket make them suspicious? OR shall I book two way ticket instead?

I want Canadian passport as early as possible, however I do not want to incur additional problems because of this in passport application.

gammabeta79

Mar 17, 2015
sunnyjupiter said:
You are a Free person
Nobody has the right to travel

So take it easy
Did you mean to say Everybody has right to travel?. You did not answer my question is it Okay to book one way ticket?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
One way ticket - No problem

Many people are eager to get out from Canada as soon as possible after the Oath.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Politren said:
One way ticket - No problem

Many people are eager to get out from Canada as soon as possible after the Oath.
1. Maybe not a problem from Canadian prospective, but US may look closely if you are travelling on a one-way.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. Maybe not a problem from Canadian prospective, but US may look closely if you are travelling on a one-way.
From US perspective yes.
gammabeta79 said:
1. My ticket is ONLY one way. I am wondering if CANADIAN passport officer will question my intention of visit to USA?
2. Will one way ticket make them suspicious? OR shall I book two way ticket instead?
But the OP was asking only about the Canadian perspective

PMM
It is still funny to me how many people are acting like "unleashed prisoners" and they want to have that Canadian passport right away in order to travel ASAP :)

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Politren said:
From US perspective yes.But the OP was asking only about the Canadian perspective

PMM
It is still funny to me how many people are acting like "unleashed prisoners" and they want to have that Canadian passport right away in order to travel ASAP :)
Perhaps it reflects how the inaction about high unemployment and lack of job opportunities here forcing qualified people to flee outside for survival. Pretty sure, given them proper job opportunities here, nobody wants to go outside this great country.

Successive governments failed to leverage the advantage of been next door neighbor to massive economic powerhouse of USA. While, many countries benefiting by selling their products and services in US market, classic example of Chinese goods and Indian IT sector.

Perhaps, we need some great visionaries who can influence and divert the USA Offshore business to near shore, Canada.