+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Expiry might be within two months of receiving PPR

aj211191

Nov 3, 2019
Hello,
I recently submitted an application for express entry on October 30, 2019. My passport expires on July 15, 2020. I was stupid and did not think about passport renewal before submitting my application. I was hoping someone on the forum has gone through the scenario where they had to renew their passport after submitting the application.

My questions are:
1) Should I renew my passport now? If so, how shall i inform IRCC about my passport change? I dont see a way to update my passport information on the express entry application now.

2) Should i wait until i get PPR , send them my old passport for stamping and then renew the passport?

3) Should I withdraw the application and start all over again after getting the new passport?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello,
I recently submitted an application for express entry on October 30, 2019. My passport expires on July 15, 2020. I was stupid and did not think about passport renewal before submitting my application. I was hoping someone on the forum has gone through the scenario where they had to renew their passport after submitting the application.

My questions are:
1) Should I renew my passport now? If so, how shall i inform IRCC about my passport change? I dont see a way to update my passport information on the express entry application now.

2) Should i wait until i get PPR , send them my old passport for stamping and then renew the passport?

3) Should I withdraw the application and start all over again after getting the new passport?

Thank you.
search the forum for passport expiry. there's been plenty of people with that case. i can say that no dont withdraw your application, but i'm not sure between 1 and 2 so search for other examples

Reactions: aj211191

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello,

My questions are:

Thank you.
While i can't point to a thread off the top of my head but this is a fairly common problem. Search around on the forum and you will get the answer. If I remember correctly you can just renew your passport and let them know through the CSE (webform). I don't think it will affect your application in any way. Worse comes to worst it might get delayed a bit due to extra processing.

3) I don't see the need to withdraw the application.

Reactions: aj211191

aj211191

Nov 3, 2019
While i can't point to a thread off the top of my head but this is a fairly common problem. Search around on the forum and you will get the answer. If I remember correctly you can just renew your passport and let them know through the CSE (webform). I don't think it will affect your application in any way. Worse comes to worst it might get delayed a bit due to extra processing.

3) I don't see the need to withdraw the application.
Thank you!