+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport expiry in Nov 2021 (express entry application, COPR cancelled without prejudice due to change in marital status)

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,
Could someone clarify the following.
1. I received my COPR in May 2019 (passport stamping), however due to change in marital status before landing I updated CIC and submitted by wife documents. My COPR stamping on passport is cancelled with statement "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE". In this case, should my passport validity be minimum 6 months our PR applications (husband and wife) are still in-progress and yet to receive new COPR stamping?
2. My passport validity is till 11-Nov-2021. Should I go for renewal of my passport now? What would be the best suggestion in my case, to got for renewal of my passport or wait till I hear from CIC on my PR process?
3. Is there any requirement by CIC that passport validity should be minimum 6 months while travelling to Canada or PR application (express entry) in-process?
4. Can I add my new address and spouse name during passport renewal process? (Note: The application forms submitted to CIC during spouse addition contain my new address already but the current passport has old address).
5. If Canada/CIC does not have any minimum validity of passport for landing in Canada, travelling to Canada and if there are flight halts/flight change/transit at countries like (Europe, Hongkong, Dubai, UAE etc.,) would this be an issue if passport has validity less than 6 months. I have no international travelling experience, please consider this question.
6. How many months before the end of validity of passport should I opt for renewal of passport since my PR-process is ongoing?