+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Expiry Date

dpak

Jan 17, 2010
Hi Guys

I have recieved my passports stamped with visa and I am all ready for immigration now. I will be driving to Niagara Falls to the US border and then taking a U turn. Anything I need to take with me except every document relating to studies, work and dob. Also my passport expires in April 2012 and I am a little concerned because I read somewhere on the forms that the passport should be valid for atleast 2 years.

Thank You once again for your help

Deepak Sharma

Time Line:
Sent to Nova Scotia : June 2009
Response from NS: July 2009
Documents sent and recieved by New Delhi: December 2010
Medicals requested: Feb 23rd 2010
Medicals with passports sent on: March 8th 2010
Visa recieved: April 26th, 2010

God is Great

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
there is no such condition about validity of passports. People with reletively very less validity as compared to yours hv landed in canada.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpak said:
Hi Guys

I have recieved my passports stamped with visa and I am all ready for immigration now. I will be driving to Niagara Falls to the US border and then taking a U turn. Anything I need to take with me except every document relating to studies, work and dob. Also my passport expires in April 2012 and I am a little concerned because I read somewhere on the forms that the passport should be valid for atleast 2 years.

Thank You once again for your help

Deepak Sharma

Time Line:
Sent to Nova Scotia : June 2009
Response from NS: July 2009
Documents sent and recieved by New Delhi: December 2010
Medicals requested: Feb 23rd 2010
Medicals with passports sent on: March 8th 2010
Visa recieved: April 26th, 2010

God is Great
Congrats Deepak. The condition is such that when you submit the passport for stamping the it should be valid for 1 year or more as the immigrant visa validity is 1 year from the date of medicals. After the visa is stamped no such condition exists just that you need to land before the visa expires as there is no extension applicable in Immigrant Visa for Canada.

Best of luck

dpak

Jan 17, 2010
Thank you guys. Last question quickly, me and my wife are both on work permits I cannot find my wifes work permit and want to do the immigration today so will it be ok if I take a print out of the work permit(I have it scanned and saved on my computer) or wait till I find the originals. Also I don't think I need 10K proof as others as I am already working full time what you guys think?

This forum is the best because of you all, god bless you all!

Deepak Sharma

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
in my opinion u hv to show the statement since pof is exepted only with aeo offer or who is allready working in canada. Moreover i cant comment on ur other query since i hv limited knowledge abt it. Again above mentioned is my opinion whixh may or may not be accurate

dpak

Jan 17, 2010
Mine is actually arranged employement or AEO. I am working in the current company for the last 3 years and they arranged an AEO for PR purposes.

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dpak said:
Mine is actually arranged employement or AEO. I am working in the current company for the last 3 years and they arranged an AEO for PR purposes.
surely than u dont require pof.

Goodluck to you

dpak

Jan 17, 2010
What about the work permit copy then? Still require the original document or a print out will work fine and do I take our SIN cards and OHIP cards with us?

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dpak said:
What about the work permit copy then? Still require the original document or a print out will work fine and do I take our SIN cards and OHIP cards with us?
i would suggest you to senx pm to PMM / rupeshari or any other senior who can guide u better on this