+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport expiring soon

Niks_1808

Jul 13, 2018
Hi guys
I received ITA on 28-Nov and AOR on 10-dec. However my passport is valid till Aug-19. What should be the further course of action from my end.please suggest. just wondering should I initiate the passport renewal process now or wait?

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Hi guys
I received ITA on 28-Nov and AOR on 10-dec. However my passport is valid till Aug-19. What should be the further course of action from my end.please suggest. just wondering should I initiate the passport renewal process now or wait?
Dont wait, you are gonna need a passport, unless they process your documents by Feb 10. Else they will ask you for 1 as soon as it hit Feb 19h or so
It should have more than 6 months when they process your application. Same thing happen to me with my son. It had seven when applied, as soon as it hit 6, they requested a new 1

Niks_1808

Jul 13, 2018
So I should start the process for passport renewal now...and by the time I get ppr shall send them a new one ?
Is this ok?

Dont wait, you are gonna need a passport, unless they process your documents by Feb 10. Else they will ask you for 1 as soon as it hit Feb 19h or so
It should have more than 6 months when they process your application. Same thing happen to me with my son. It had seven when applied, as soon as it hit 6, they requested a new 1

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Yes get it now and when they request for the new 1, you would have already have it to upload, than to wait and daily your process.