+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport expiring in august 2015. PR application in process

arsipk

Nov 6, 2012
Hi,
I applied for my PR application in april 2014. My passport is expiring in 2015 august. If i decide to renew my passport now will i need to inform CIC about my new passport or When i get my passport request i can simply send my old and new passport. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

kapil1974

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2014
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Decision Made -Feb 10 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 11 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 18 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 27 2014
arsipk said:
Hi,
I applied for my PR application in april 2014. My passport is expiring in 2015 august. If i decide to renew my passport now will i need to inform CIC about my new passport or When i get my passport request i can simply send my old and new passport. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
How many days it will take to get the new passport if you are applying for now?

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
arsipk said:
Hi,
What stage is your app at ? did you receive your MR/RPRF ?
I Suggest apply for passport renewal and update CIC when u receive new one.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
arsipk said:
Hi,
Hi,
after you get your new passport just send a scanned copy of it to CIC by email with all of your info (Last name, First name, Date of birth, UCI, Application No.,Type of Application (Canadian Experience Class – CEC) to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca.
It'll not be necessary to send both passports later.

arsipk

Nov 6, 2012
nov1061 said:
Hi,
after you get your new passport just send a scanned copy of it to CIC by email with all of your info (Last name, First name, Date of birth, UCI, Application No.,Type of Application (Canadian Experience Class – CEC) to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca.
It'll not be necessary to send both passports later.
Thanks alot. This was really helpful

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not know if your question has already been answered, but i wanted to share my experience - which is on the same line.

Here is my chronology of events.

1. application filed
2. applied for a new passport - existing passport was expiring
3. got aor - email
4. got new passport back from my country's consulate.
5. i scanned the new passport, replied back to the aor email, attached scanned copy of new passport. explained clearly what and why i am sending to them via this email
6. put in a note in the email that if they have any questions to email me or send me a letter. gave my email address and my home address
7. put in a note that i am attaching my scanned copy of new passport. if they require a printed copy to let me know and i can re-send to the address they will advise
8. got a email back from cic after a month of my update email, they thanked me for updating them, and said my case has been updated and no further action needed from me.

hope this helps.
cecapplied
arsipk said:
Hi,