+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport expiring in 3 months.. application still under processing

Jun 6, 2017
Hello All. My wife & I have applied for express entry in Dec 2017. She is primary applicant and I'm secondary. Her passport is expiring in Jun 2018 and our application is still under process. Should she apply for passport renewal now? What will be its effect on our application as the passport details over there will be of old passport once she gets new passport? What is process in this kind of situation?

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Hello
Hello All. My wife & I have applied for express entry in Dec 2017. She is primary applicant and I'm secondary. Her passport is expiring in Jun 2018 and our application is still under process. Should she apply for passport renewal now? What will be its effect on our application as the passport details over there will be of old passport once she gets new passport? What is process in this kind of situation?
Hello,

If you do not have an ITA yet, i suggest you apply to renew the passport. If in the meantime you get an ITA, you can raise a CSE and update the information. And if you dont, simply go back to your profile and change the PP number.

Nishant.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello

Hello,

If you do not have an ITA yet, i suggest you apply to renew the passport. If in the meantime you get an ITA, you can raise a CSE and update the information. And if you dont, simply go back to your profile and change the PP number.

Nishant.
Hi Nishant,
I have a similar scenario in that I received ITA on 25th January and my son's passport is expiring on 28th August 2018. I haven't submitted my eAPR yet. What would you recommend? I was thinking to submit the eAPR and then apply for passport renewal.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Nishant,
I have a similar scenario in that I received ITA on 25th January and my son's passport is expiring on 28th August 2018. I haven't submitted my eAPR yet. What would you recommend? I was thinking to submit the eAPR and then apply for passport renewal.
Any suggestions?

Jun 6, 2017
Hello

Hello,

Nishant.
I got ITA and had submitted my application on 9th Dec 2017. What is CSE? Can it be done now?

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
I got ITA and had submitted my application on 9th Dec 2017. What is CSE? Can it be done now?
hello,

if you have got an ITA, then go ahead and submit your docs + existing passport. apply for a new one in the meantime and once you get it raise a CSE. CSE means case specific enquiry which you can raise on the cic website. Shortcut is to type CSE CIC in google and the first search result will take u there.

fill in the info and let them know about the new pp. upload the bio pages. they will inform your VO and the VO might send u a additional document request to send the new pp's.

Nishant.

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Any suggestions?
Hello,

Submit the apr asap. then go ahead and submit your docs + existing passport. apply for a new one in the meantime and once you get it raise a CSE. CSE means case specific enquiry which you can raise on the cic website. Shortcut is to type CSE CIC in google and the first search result will take u there.

fill in the info and let them know about the new pp. upload the bio pages. they will inform your VO and the VO might send u a additional document request to send the new pp's.

Nishant.

Reactions: smcan2014

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello,

Submit the apr asap. then go ahead and submit your docs + existing passport. apply for a new one in the meantime and once you get it raise a CSE. CSE means case specific enquiry which you can raise on the cic website. Shortcut is to type CSE CIC in google and the first search result will take u there.

Nishant.
Thank you so much for the detailed reply.

Jun 6, 2017
hello,

if you have got an ITA, then go ahead and submit your docs + existing passport. apply for a new one in the meantime and once you get it raise a CSE. CSE means case specific enquiry which you can raise on the cic website. Shortcut is to type CSE CIC in google and the first search result will take u there.

Nishant.
Thanks for the reply. One more query: what if while the passport renewal is in process at our end, we receive our PPR?

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Thanks for the reply. One more query: what if while the passport renewal is in process at our end, we receive our PPR?
Hello,

PPR normally takes about 40-60 days for FSW and 100-120 days for PNP applicants. If however you recieve the PPR, you can raise a CSE and also send an email to your Local VO informing of the same. they will make the necessary arrangements.

Nishant.