+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Expiring At End of Year, PR application still in review due to biometrics office closures

SashaRain

Sep 26, 2018
I've been trying to get a hold of someone at IRCC, to no avail. My application was set to be processed by September and of course it will extend to who knows how long, due to COVID19. My passport expires December 28, 2020 and the US Passport Agency is predicting "significant delays" for "several months" with no expedited options available. I don't when it will be returned to me.

Do anyone have an idea of how this will effect my PR application? Will they pause it until I get a new passport or reject my application? It's "73%" complete with no biometrics done (for obv reasons), not sure if that is supposed to be encouraging or not.

Deeply appreciate any insight!

P.S. I live and work in Canada right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've been trying to get a hold of someone at IRCC, to no avail. My application was set to be processed by September and of course it will extend to who knows how long, due to COVID19. My passport expires December 28, 2020 and the US Passport Agency is predicting "significant delays" for "several months" with no expedited options available. I don't when it will be returned to me.

Do anyone have an idea of how this will effect my PR application? Will they pause it until I get a new passport or reject my application? It's "73%" complete with no biometrics done (for obv reasons), not sure if that is supposed to be encouraging or not.

Deeply appreciate any insight!

P.S. I live and work in Canada right now.
IRCC will hold the application until your passport is renewed.

Reactions: DamianG

SashaRain

Sep 26, 2018
IRCC will hold the application until your passport is renewed.
Really? Are you sure? I just got an email tonight that I only have 90 days to renew and if I don't have it until then, my application is considered incomplete! But biometrics still is not open.