24-07-2015
Passport Req..
01-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
11-05-2016 In sha Allah
Passport issue!!! URGENT Suggestion need....Plz Help:

I have already got my passport back with visa stamped.
As of my visa I have to land Canada by 24 Jul 2016.
I confirmed my ticket on 11 May 2016.
But my Passport will expire on 16 Aug 2016.
Which means when I will fly on 16 Aug 2016 my passport will have only 3 months validity.
But with only 3 months validity of passport I cant fly, just knew this last night.
The minimum validity of passport should be six months for traveling.
Which means I need to issue a new passport.
If I get a new passport, what will happen to my visa.
Do I need to send my Passport again to Singapore visa office for stamp or only notify to them is enough?
In this situation What can I do?
one more thing, now I am in Australia. To issue a new MRP will also take time. So can I contact any of visa centers here in Australia (my file was processed in SGVO)?
Your valuable suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
rashedul56

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
As far as I know, there is no 6 months validity restriction when you are traveling with PR.

Secondly, passport with near expiry is not a big issue, you may just get new passport, but must ask the passport authorities to not mark "Cancelled" stamp on the passport which have valid visa. And while traveling, keep both passports. My friend did the same and traveled to Canada without any issue.

rashedul56 said:

Which means when I will fly on 16 Aug 2016 my passport will have only 3 months validity.
But with only 3 months validity of passport I cant fly, just knew this last night.
Do I need to send my Passport again to Singapore visa office for stamp or only notify to them is enough?
one more thing, now I am in Australia. To issue a new MRP will also take time. So can I contact any of visa centers here in Australia (my file was processed in SGVO)?

Thanks in Advance
rashedul56

rashedul56

Jun 6, 2013
Perth, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
File Transfer...
23-09-2013
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2015
Passport Req..
01-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
11-05-2016 In sha Allah
khurrambhatti said:
As far as I know, there is no 6 months validity restriction when you are traveling with PR.

Secondly, passport with near expiry is not a big issue, you may just get new passport, but must ask the passport authorities to not mark "Cancelled" stamp on the passport which have valid visa. And while traveling, keep both passports. My friend did the same and traveled to Canada without any issue.

Thank you brother for your valuable information.

As you said with PR visa there is no problem to travel. But in my visa it is only issued for one year valid. After landing Canada I will get the PR card. So how airline staff will allow me to board on aircraft. So far as I have got info that they will not issue any boarding pass rather they will send me back home.

Today, I have contacted with BD High commission in Australia. They said if they issue a new Machine Readable Passport then my old passport will be cancelled. They will cut the front page of the passport. In this case what can I do? Please give your opinion brother.

Thanks again in advance.

Rashedul Islam

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Get your passport renewed..

Sent your passport again to your VO.. they will stamp visa on new passport.. but your visa validity date would remain same. Then you can travel.

This process will take about 10 working days after new passport is submitted to VFS.

So work swiftly. I did the same for my Son's passport.

Check my Q&A from profile.

Good Luck Mate!!

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
What I told you is my personal experience. My friend traveled with renewed passport, along with old one(which have valid visa) and believe me, I am also gonna do the same because my passport is also expiring on may and I am traveling in April. So I'll renew the passport but will not send to CHC for new visa stamp. I'll keep both passport with me while traveling. I asked my VO about the same issue but he told me that I need to re-issue my Visa in case of renewal of passport. BUT, I'll not do the same because my friend have traveled without any issue. On top of that, as per the official document of CIC, there will be no any issue in case of visa on expired passport.

For more understanding, please read Para 13.18 at www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf . It might help you.

This issue has already been discussed several times. Kindly also go through the following discussion:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-you-renew-your-passport-once-you-get-your-ppr-t388914.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/query-passport-expiry-and-landing-deadline-t389106.0.html

As far as 6 months restriction is concerned, I am not sure about that so better to take decision as per your home work, or ask the seniors about that.

Good luck..!!

Do remember to tell me what you are going to do.

rashedul56 said:
Thank you brother for your valuable information.

As you said with PR visa there is no problem to travel. But in my visa it is only issued for one year valid. After landing Canada I will get the PR card. So how airline staff will allow me to board on aircraft. So far as I have got info that they will not issue any boarding pass rather they will send me back home.

Today, I have contacted with BD High commission in Australia. They said if they issue a new Machine Readable Passport then my old passport will be cancelled. They will cut the front page of the passport. In this case what can I do? Please give your opinion brother.

Thanks again in advance.

Rashedul Islam

vicky1207

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2014
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
12/06/2015
Interview........
TLU 23/06/2015
Passport Req..
02/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
08/10/2015
LANDED..........
16 May 2016
Passport damaged Urgent help needed

Hello People

Need your urgent help

My wife's passport is little damaged (loose thread)
I was planning to visit uk before my canada visit applied for uk visa
VFS person signed one declaration that my wife's passport is damaged , n might get visa refusal

VFS suggested to apply for new passport but how to go with this...her canada visa is on old passport
if we apply for new passport how to travel to canada ?
N she wanted to change her surname on passport (as we applied for FSW 2014 programme last moment n we got married just 2 month prior to applictaion)
she didnt get time to change her name on passport n she wants her PR card on her new surname

Need your help guys

Kyaa karu ?

Regards

guru1984

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO/NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT ALONGWITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
We have Started Processing your application on 9th April,2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
TLU 15.05.2015
Passport Req..
WAITING (Decision made 03.08.2015)
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR
I have been plan to travel canada with less than 6 month validity of passport.
My passport expires in July,16 & i booked ticket from Turkish Airlines for dates 18th April - 1st May.
Can anybody please guide me whether i can travel with same passport without any issue.
I checked with Airline they are ok to board me with same passport.
What about Immigration dept. they will allow or not.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
rashedul56 said:

Thanks in Advance
rashedul56
Culled from the Canadian POE manual... (quoting kukus who is on this forum)

"13.18 Valid visas in expired passports
Visa officers will not put a visa in an expired document and will not issue a visa for a period surpassing the expiry date of the passport or travel document. Occasionally, documents containing valid visas are cancelled or replaced. If a valid visa inside an expired document is presented at the POE along with a valid passport or travel document, the visa is considered valid."

gaur2209

Sep 11, 2014
Hello,

Please can you share your experience at the port of entry or during the transit. Did you face any challenges ?

Thanks for your time!
Regards

khurrambhatti said:
What I told you is my personal experience. My friend traveled with renewed passport, along with old one(which have valid visa) and believe me, I am also gonna do the same because my passport is also expiring on may and I am traveling in April. So I'll renew the passport but will not send to CHC for new visa stamp. I'll keep both passport with me while traveling. I asked my VO about the same issue but he told me that I need to re-issue my Visa in case of renewal of passport. BUT, I'll not do the same because my friend have traveled without any issue. On top of that, as per the official document of CIC, there will be no any issue in case of visa on expired passport.

For more understanding, please read Para 13.18 at www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf . It might help you.

This issue has already been discussed several times. Kindly also go through the following discussion:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-you-renew-your-passport-once-you-get-your-ppr-t388914.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/query-passport-expiry-and-landing-deadline-t389106.0.html

As far as 6 months restriction is concerned, I am not sure about that so better to take decision as per your home work, or ask the seniors about that.

Good luck..!!

Do remember to tell me what you are going to do.