+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport expired whilst my application is being processed

Col3290

Apr 20, 2017
Good morning,

So i sent off my PR application at the beginning of the year and its just dawned on me that my passport that I used on that application has recently expired.

I also had to apply for an OWP which they only issued until the expiry of my old passport.

I already have my new passport and have my new OWP which is valid for 2 years. My OWP seems to be linked to my PR application as it says at the bottom of my Permit that it is linked or something to the effect of OWP issued whilst awaiting decision on XXX PR application.

So they obviously know that the account is for the same person and all that important information.

My question is; Should I contact them to let them know my passport details have changed for my PR application or will they already know/ have this information because I updated the details with my OWP application?

When i did my OWP application I put my Unique client identifier at the top of the application.

Could this be something that slows the application process down? They have not contacted me about my passport but I would hate for them to turn around in 2018 and say that the application was denied because my passport was expired.

Who would I even contact? My PR application was done by mail and my second OWP application was done online.

There is a problem with linking my paper application to my online account, they have yet to figure out what the issue is but told me not to worry about linking it as its not necessary.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards