+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Expiration on Feb 2017

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Dear Experts,

I am waiting for PR, my AOR is 25th Aug.

My passport is going to expire on Feb 2017.

Please advis shall I renew my passport now or shall I wait till CIC request for a passport renewal.

Please advise URGENTLY!!!!

Thanks

sammy1976

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-216
Doc's Request.
Schedule A, 17/sep/2016
Nomination.....
N / A
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront / 30-08-2016
Med's Done....
16-09-2016 / Passed
Interview........
not needed yet
Passport Req..
Dec 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 9, 2017
LANDED..........
INLAND
renew your passport asap and update to cic when you receive your new passport. CIC is not going to stamp pr if validation is less than 6 months

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
sammy1976 said:
renew your passport asap and update to cic when you receive your new passport. CIC is not going to stamp pr if validation is less than 6 months
Thanks. So if the PR is ready and the passport has a validity of less than 6 months, CIC will request for a new passport or what?

raksawap

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_mabrouk10 said:
Thanks. So if the PR is ready and the passport has a validity of less than 6 months, CIC will request for a new passport or what?
There is a high possibility you would be asked to renew the passport before issuing your PPR.

Most of the visa offices needed passports with 6 months validity or more.

Rarely come across any with validity period lesser than that.

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
raksawap said:
There is a high possibility you would be asked to renew the passport before issuing your PPR.

Most of the visa offices needed passports with 6 months validity or more.

Rarely come across any with validity period lesser than that.
Thanks. I am worried because I have received a request from CIC few days ago to send them copies of my passport and height and eye color, I have sent the same and waiting fo their response.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
a_mabrouk10 said:
Thanks. I am worried because I have received a request from CIC few days ago to send them copies of my passport and height and eye color, I have sent the same and waiting fo their response.
Did you also get a letter that started, "The processing of your permanent residence application is almost complete..." ?

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
bellaluna said:
Did you also get a letter that started, "The processing of your permanent residence application is almost complete..." ?
No. The letter is saying the below and they have requested the passport copies and height and eye color details

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents"

AKM84

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day,

I would really appreciate your feedback on the following.

I have received a request from CIC, asking for details of eye color, height and passport bio page. What does this mean, is this a good sign? What happens next?

Good luck on your immigration.

Kind regards,

Amer

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AKM84 said:
Good day,

I would really appreciate your feedback on the following.

I have received a request from CIC, asking for details of eye color, height and passport bio page. What does this mean, is this a good sign? What happens next?

Good luck on your immigration.

Kind regards,

Amer
are you EE applicant or paper based one ?

it means your application is being processed :) what else... :):) no idea what happens next, or how long it would take from now. what is your AOR date?