Jan 19, 2020
Hi,

I applied online under SDS Category
IELTS 7.5 Overall

Applied on Jan 7th
Biometrics Collection Letter updated on Jan 8th
Gave my biometrics on Jan 9th
Correspondence Letter and PPR request on Jan 13th
Submitted My New passport on Jan 14th to VFS.
Passport reached IRCC office on Jan 16th.
Since then, the status shows : Passport being processed at IRCC office Bangalore, according to VFS tracking.

Can any one suggest, when should I expect my passport. I already booked my flight tickets for Jan 28.

ALSO, my background check says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Final decision says "Approved". What does that mean, can someone explain please ?

UPDATE: I just got message from IRCC stating that my passport is dispatched to CVAC Banglore, and all the status messages changed accordingly. The final decision changed to approved, and counterfoil updated too. :)

Last edited:

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi,

I applied online under SDS Category
IELTS 7.5 Overall

Applied on Jan 7th
Biometrics Collection Letter updated on Jan 8th
Gave my biometrics on Jan 9th
Correspondence Letter and PPR request on Jan 13th
Submitted My New passport on Jan 14th to VFS.
Passport reached IRCC office on Jan 16th.
Since then, the status shows : Passport being processed at IRCC office Bangalore, according to VFS tracking.

Can any one suggest, when should I expect my passport. I already booked my flight tickets for Jan 28.
Nothing to panic about. You'll receive it on time. The delay is due to the weekend.

And I must say, congratulations. That's the fastest processing I've ever heard.

Reactions: vikcanada90

vikcanada90

Jan 19, 2020
No problem. Aren't you already late for January session, though?
My Clases start on February 3rd. I booked my tickets for Jan 28. I will reach the same day evening, therefore I will have enough time for registration and settle down. Actually, I wanted to spend more time with family as I will not be able to see them for some time after I go there.