+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport details change after COPR request letter

binastie

Jun 21, 2018
Hi,

i applied and got AOR in January 2018. i just received my request letter to send my passport in for the visa stamp.

however, my passport which i used to apply for express entry and which i was approved, expires in september 2018. I want to commence the process of getting a new one which i am hoping wont go past friday.

my problem now is, due to the change in the passport details, what can i do?
1) should i send a mail to CIC informing them of the changes in my passport details, if so, can someone provide me with the email address or link to do so?
2) send both the old and new passports to the VAC for the visa stamp?

i am hoping someone would have gone through something similar and would be willing to advise me.

Also, how do i know where my application was processed? i have checked all the documents that were sent to me and none has details of the VAC office where it was processed. can someone help with this.

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Get the new passport, inform them through a CSE (case specific enquiry), then after PPR send just a copy of the old passport together with the new one.

binastie

Jun 21, 2018
Thanks. I already got the PPR, howwver, i dont have my passport yet. im working on getting it by tomorrow.

will CSE still work?

How do i know what office processed my application by looking at the PPR?

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Thanks. I already got the PPR, howwver, i dont have my passport yet. im working on getting it by tomorrow.

will CSE still work?

How do i know what office processed my application by looking at the PPR?
In this case, it's better to just send the new passport with a Letter of Explanation. And a copy of the old passport, of course.

BTW, the visa office is identified on your PPR, both at the top and at the bottom of the e-mail.

binastie

Jun 21, 2018
In this case, it's better to just send the new passport with a Letter of Explanation. And a copy of the old passport, of course.

BTW, the visa office is identified on your PPR, both at the top and at the bottom of the e-mail.

Hi, Thanks i will do send the passports together with the LOE.

There is nothing in the mail that was sent to me. I have also scanned the letter. it only says Govt of Canada, High Commission of Canada.and below, it says immigration section. there is no indication of the VAC.