+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport delivered and signed at CPCO – PR VISA but "your passport was not received by the responsible office yet"

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hey folks,

First time posting here. I recently got a decision letter from IRCC asking me to mail my passport and related documents to CPCO – PR VISA in order to issue my CPR and visa. I sent the materials, and FedEx tracking shows it was delivered and signed at CPCO – PR VISA on March 19th. However, in the response I received today from IRCC web inquiry, I was told: "your passport was not received by the responsible office yet". This is very weird, and I am a bit panicked. Is there a time lag or something between delivery and the "responsible office" registering the package as received?

Thanks so much for your input!

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Is there a time lag or something between delivery and the "responsible office" registering the package as received?
Yep, there is a lag. During the virus spread, you should expect it to be longer than normal

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Did you send it to Ottawa? I got the same email. Webform told me they didn’t get my passport then 10 minutes later, CPC Ottawa said they got it.

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Did you send it to Ottawa? I got the same email. Webform told me they didn’t get my passport then 10 minutes later, CPC Ottawa said they got it.
Yeah, it's Ottawa. Well, it's been over ten minutes. I sent another inquiry asking them to check again and attached my proof of delivery.

AR27

Feb 6, 2020
Guys, I am in the same boat. My passport reached them on 18th March. All I know is that Fedex tracking shows that it was delivered on that date. There has been no change in the application status.
I don't want to overwhelm CPCO but do you think its a good idea to contact them to at least know if they have received it?
Should I email them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca OR create a web form request?
If email, are they replying it with an automated generic email? If so, I would prefer a web form request.

Thank you.

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Guys, I am in the same boat. My passport reached them on 18th March. All I know is that Fedex tracking shows that it was delivered on that date. There has been no change in the application status.
I don't want to overwhelm CPCO but do you think its a good idea to contact them to at least know if they have received it?
Should I email them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca OR create a web form request?
If email, are they replying it with an automated generic email? If so, I would prefer a web form request.

Thank you.
Webform doesn’t always give accurate information. I raised a webform and emailed the CPC as well. Webform said they didn’t get my passport. 10 minutes later CPC replied and told me they got the passport. It won’t hurt to email CPC directly.