App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
I see some people send the entire passport copy where as others do send only the biographical pages.

The website states to send only the biographical pages and I know people whose application was returned stating to provide copies of every single page of the passport.

Also if I am to send all the pages then do I need to translate the non english/french stamps

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dnyfyn said:
I see some people send the entire passport copy where as others do send only the biographical pages.

The website states to send only the biographical pages and I know people whose application was returned stating to provide copies of every single page of the passport.

Also if I am to send all the pages then do I need to translate the non english/french stamps
CIC requires biographical pages to run CBSA records (entry records) check.

The applications those were returned were because the passports held in past 4 years did not cover the whole past 4 years because sometimes applicant has passports renewed between those 4 year period and forgets to send copy of one of the passports. Sometimes when passport is renewed, the booklet is not changed and a renewal stamp is made and sometimes people forget to send the renewal stamp and that's how cic figures out that the passport does not cover past 4 years (whereas if the applicant would have sent the renewal pages, CIC could have checked it to ensure that the passport covers the relevant four years)
Sometimes, people don't renew their passports and there is a duration when the person has not renewed the passport. In that situation, the person should write a explanation letter that the passport was not renewed from xxx to xx date.

Now its upto you to send all pages or not (All pages are only asked if RQ is issued (CIT0171) or CIT0520 is issued.
If you are sending all pages then send the translations as well.

Reactions: Whocares

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
thecoolguysam said:
CIC requires biographical pages to run CBSA records (entry records) check.

The applications those were returned were because the passports held in past 4 years did not cover the whole past 4 years because sometimes applicant has passports renewed between those 4 year period and forgets to send copy of one of the passports. Sometimes when passport is renewed, the booklet is not changed and a renewal stamp is made and sometimes people forget to send the renewal stamp and that's how cic figures out that the passport does not cover past 4 years (whereas if the applicant would have sent the renewal pages, CIC could have checked it to ensure that the passport covers the relevant four years)
Sometimes, people don't renew their passports and there is a duration when the person has not renewed the passport. In that situation, the person should write a explanation letter that the passport was not renewed from xxx to xx date.

Now its upto you to send all pages or not (All pages are only asked if RQ is issued (CIT0171) or CIT0520 is issued.
If you are sending all pages then send the translations as well.

What is a renewal page?

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
boltz said:
What is a renewal page?
A renewal stamp on a page in a passport that indicates the passport has been renewed beyond the date in the biographical page. The stamp may not be on the biographical page, it might be on a different page. If you have that, include copy of that page as well as the biographical page

Ray

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
raymasa said:
A renewal stamp on a page in a passport that indicates the passport has been renewed beyond the date in the biographical page. The stamp may not be on the biographical page, it might be on a different page. If you have that, include copy of that page as well as the biographical page

Ray
Ok; is this the procedure specific to some countries?
I have a renewed passport (with cancel stamp on the biographical page); and not a renewal stamp on any page of the PP. Does this make sense? or am I missing something. Thanks.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Extension validity stamp from your old passport to extend the expiry date, usually 1 yr extension. I did that so I provided that section too as part of my old passport. Since it can only be done once I had to get a new passport, I did provide that as well as the application wants all passport within that 4 yrs. if your old passport didn't get any extension then you just need to provide the biographical page/s. Makes sense?

Also I included the pages with entry/exit stamps from my old and new passport. I'm missing 3 stamps and that's when I entered Canada. Sometimes the officer don't stamp your passport but they should have a record That I'm back in Canada since I got through custom interview for declaration.

boltz said:
I have a renewed passport (with cancel stamp on the biographical page); and not a renewal stamp on any page of the PP. Does this make sense? or am I missing something. Thanks.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boltz said:
Yes, it depends on the country

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
do they need it if you here 7 years 6 months in Canada and never travels abroad
Yes. They need it to verify with CBSA that you did not leave the country other than the times you have mentioned on your application.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
You will definitely need a new passport to send with your application. The form does give the option to explain why you cannot provide previous passports. However, even though I have no personal experience with this, I have heard stories of how lost passports create complications in the citizenship process. Your best bet is to call IRCC and discuss this with them and use a lawyer at the time of filling the application (extra cost to you, but will minimize this chance of mistakes).