+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport came back empty......

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gost said:
I am quite sure it used to say the same thing on Vienna's web site under Contact Us, but it does not anymore and as you can see the page was modified in March this year. And in the past months they also took over some immigration and visa sections from other counties (Germany, Netherland), and that could be possible reason that they maybe made some changes in their system. Therefor, SoonCanada if I were you I would try to contact them and ask before going over there. But, as Gemini1 said, I guess they wouldnt turn you away...
It's under 'office hours' now on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/vienna.asp

"Monday to Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00
Friday: 08:00 – 14:00

Comments: Open to public Monday to Thursday from 8:30 to 11:30 for Temporary Resident applications, and Monday to Thursday from 8:30 to 12:30 and 14:30 to 15:30 for Immigration applications. Closed to the public on Fridays."

However, I would confirm with them via e-case before traveling all the way there (unless you don't care if you take a nice holiday and return with no visa)

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
hi guys, just an update

embassy callled us this morning and said they have send back the passport by mistake... and we can either mail it back to them for a visa or come in person and get it same day...

just thought id let you guys know...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Yeah! that's great news, and it must be such a relief! good that they called and recognize their mistake, makes it easier to deal with!
So - soon visa for you then! congratulations...
Sweden

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoonCanada said:
hi guys, just an update

embassy callled us this morning and said they have send back the passport by mistake... and we can either mail it back to them for a visa or come in person and get it same day...

Excellent news - they seem to have gotten back to you pretty quickly too :) Good luck wrapping things up!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
SoonCanada said:
hi guys, just an update

yaaaay very nice of them to clarify!!!!!! so now it's also crystal clear that u can also go in person and have a lovely vacation ;D ;D ;D glad most of the worry is over!!!

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
guys thanks a lot to everyone on all advice.......ill keep you updated.

Can someone give me some advice when i get to the embassy? What do they expect, want, protocols.......are they nice?

gost

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-10-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-02-2011 re-done: 02-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
Maybe you could find some useful info in this post...

glak1234 said:
If you're able to, I think its easiest to just go to Vienna and get the Visa. The metro stop is literally around the corner from it so its easy to get to from anywhere in the city, and its all finished that afternoon. You can only go Tuesdays or Thursdays like it says in the PPR.

We left from Belgrade with bus at 5PM and got to Vienna at about 3AM, so we slept a bit, and left our friends place at 7:30AM exhausted and ready to get to the embassy, woohooo. :D
We got there at 8:30AM exactly, (the embassy, which is tiny, by the way.. is the 3rd floor of the building its in)
We went up, and infront of the door is a security guard, of course you can't take your phone or camera inside. He gives you a number ticket thing to wait your turn. We went in and sat down waiting our turn with about 5 of 6 other people.
When our turn came, we handed him the copy of our emailed PPR and told him we came to submit the passport, and he asked for the copy of my husbands passport, and the passport itself, we gave him that as well.. after a few seconds he told us to take a seat. After each person, the man working would take their papers to some back room (probably where the officers are working on the visas) and come back out and called the next person. After some 2 or 3 minutes, he called my husbands name, we went up again and he told us to come back at 3PM. I had to throw in the question "Will it be done by then?" because come on, I don't know what to expect at 3PM lol, and he gave me a sarcastic chuckle and was like "uhh yeah..." like as if I know, I am just asking lol jeez. ::)
So we left the embassy, toured Vienna (everyone should, its such a beautiful city! especially the Schonbrunn Palace, we spent all day there)
We got back to the embassy at 3PM totally exhausted and ready to fall asleep. This time we didn't get a number to wait.
The man working simply asked everyone "who came first, who came last?" He told people to come up to the counter in that order one by one. We were 3rd I think, everyone was confused, in my opinion they should have given us numbers again. :-\
We told him our Last name, and he handed us all of our pictures that we sent with our applications, at that point I was so excited haha. (by the way, the envelopes my pictures were in were kinda ripped up, it looked like they were eaten by a lion, maybe it won't be like that for your guys lol, the pictures were ok though)
Then he gave my husband a big white envelope.. :O We sat back down to make sure everything was there before we left. We opened it, and inside was his passport and COPR, with a letter saying your visa is now affixed in your passort etc etc and what is to follow. We opened the passort and there it was! Like a golden ticket! Finally, he can go back to meet my parents in person and not skype! :D

We had a bus back at 7PM for Belgrade, and we got home about 3AM.
And that concludes our journey to Vienna :) lol