+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport came back empty......

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Hey everyone,

Sooncanada, i just inboxed you...sorry, its been busy :)
Yes, my husband and i drove to vienna from serbia, dropped the passport first thing, and picked it up 230 that afternoon....visa was there and no problems at all, it was so easy :) it expired nov 1, so we will need to go back by then. Hope this helps, good luck!! Its a long drive, but worth it...plus wandering around vienna is great :) we got ours april 17 i think, and they are only open tuesday and thus i believe :)

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
i cant wait to go.....its just matter of days when we will go...this or next week....just want the VISA already, im sure you all know that feelingg:)))

Gemini, in your email that you recieved from them, did it say you can come in person? check ur inbox msgs..

thor

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
oh wow sooncanada i know that feeling, i am waiting for my husband to come from rabat, i want him to come soon

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Gemini1 said:
Hey everyone,

Sooncanada, i just inboxed you...sorry, its been busy :)
Yes, my husband and i drove to vienna from serbia, dropped the passport first thing, and picked it up 230 that afternoon....visa was there and no problems at all, it was so easy :) it expired nov 1, so we will need to go back by then. Hope this helps, good luck!! Its a long drive, but worth it...plus wandering around vienna is great :) we got ours april 17 i think, and they are only open tuesday and thus i believe :)
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii Gemini1 ;):):-* missed u!!!!!!!!

SoonCanada it looks like u know what u will do ;) have a lovely trip to Vienna ;):) keep us posted and good luck!!

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Yes it said we could come in person, i will try copy it for you but its in my husbands email :)

Missmini- i miss u and bobbi and i know its my fault, i owe you both inboxes....we are just adjusting to life in london and i am having a hard time at work, but will fill u in. I havent followed ur progress in a while, so will have to catch up :) x

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Gemini1 said:
Yes it said we could come in person, i will try copy it for you but its in my husbands email :)

Missmini- i miss u and bobbi and i know its my fault, i owe you both inboxes....we are just adjusting to life in london and i am having a hard time at work, but will fill u in. I havent followed ur progress in a while, so will have to catch up :) x
no problem i know how fast the busy days pass ;) glad to have ur news and yeah i'll b waiting for ur message and updates ;) (i know it usually takes me some time to reply so today i actually checked if i did reply to ur last message hehehe i saw i did so now i'll b wating for urs in some future :p ) as for us, immigration wise nothing much new: no ecas changes, no aor it's definately not like ur vo but i didn't make any hopes either; i'm still ready to wait many more months ;) the only good news is that we got also the csq - this week actually - certificat de selection du quebec; so yeah i'm pretty happy abt that and abt the fact that we r really officially in stage 2 ;) only the visa is missing and we r good to go :p take care!!!! :) :-*

hmm guys sorry for talking too much not related to the initial subject ::) i thought it would b shorter ::)

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
missmini its ok no need to appologize.

im currious now - in our email it didn't say anything about coming in person. If we go (because we think its the best way) will they give us visa same day, or just return us home :(

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
i think they will give it to u; i know other embassies who do even if they don't mention it in the letter; i would find it a little too harsh to let u go empty handed after such a long drive!! just make sure u go on the days they r open to the public :)

maybe the officer didn't think to include that part in ur letter since u r far and he thought u would mail it ;) good luck!!

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Here is our letter:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to complete the processing of your application you must:
provide this office with a passport for you in order that immigrant visa may be affixed in the passport. There must be a blank page in the passport. The passport must be valid beyond your planned date of arrival in Canada. Passport will normally be returned by registered mail to the mailing address we have in our records. Please allow several weeks for processing.
Please also send a photocopy of the page containing the passport details.
If you wish to have same day service, please come to our office in person on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 08:30 AM and 10:00 AM, and we will try to complete the processing by 3:00 PM.
We request that you comply with these instructions within two months of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your application and the closure of your file.

Visa section
Canadian Embassy
Laurenzerberg 2
1010 Wien, Austria

I am pretty sure if you go they wont turn you away, it is your visa office as well!! Hope this helps :)

gost

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-10-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-02-2011 re-done: 02-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
Gemini1 said:
If you wish to have same day service, please come to our office in person on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 08:30 AM and 10:00 AM, and we will try to complete the processing by 3:00 PM.
I am quite sure it used to say the same thing on Vienna's web site under Contact Us, but it does not anymore and as you can see the page was modified in March this year. And in the past months they also took over some immigration and visa sections from other counties (Germany, Netherland), and that could be possible reason that they maybe made some changes in their system. Therefor, SoonCanada if I were you I would try to contact them and ask before going over there. But, as Gemini1 said, I guess they wouldnt turn you away...

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
Gemini thanks a bunch!

i have the same email as you did, except it didnt mention same day service....everything else is exactly same!!!

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
gost, thanks for your reply.

i have tried to contact them many many times. Through e mail,they hardly answer it...ill email them today and in a month get a reply when its important i cant wait that long you know what i mean....When calling its even worst. Nobody picks up, its an automatic machine that gives options, when press 0 for operater nobody answers and when they do which is very rare nobody gives me any info...they are not allowed and in the end i end up with huge phone bill from bosnia to austria...

gost

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-10-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-02-2011 re-done: 02-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
SoonCanada said:
gost, thanks for your reply.
hey no prob... just make sure u dont go next thursday since they have holiday on that day ;)