Passport came back empty......

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoonCanada said:
missminni, hello

my husbands passport is vaild til 2015...he just got it 2yrs ago...thats the one we applied with in the begining, mine is as well til 2015 issued by canada...medical's were expired (first one we did in august '10) that expired, got mail asking to renew,did that in Feb, went to vienna dropped it off and asked for status, were told that within 2-3months we would get more info...and we did, passport req. but as you can see we got a bit of misunderstanding here...im sure i understood the email correctly that we were approved,right?

thanks to everyone reading and answering..
Yes - the e-mail indicates they want it to stamp the visa in it. Someone must have made a processing/filing error and put it in the 'outbox' instead of 'inbox'. Try to make it super clear when you send it back (you don't want them to resend it to you again in case someone marked it as 'done' when they sent it back to you) and e-mail them if you get a chance to alert them to the issue.

Hopefully it will work out.

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
hello,

deffinetly will send the passport back to them along with the email and maybe write a few words since it seems like nobody answers emails...or it takes them so longggg to answer ugh.

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
Hi, update:

my husband and i talked and decided that we would go to Vienna directly and speak to them. If they want the passport for a visa (to stamp) it can they do it the same day when we come in, or within day or two? pls if anyone knows, id appreciate help

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoonCanada said:
Hi, update:

my husband and i talked and decided that we would go to Vienna directly and speak to them. If they want the passport for a visa (to stamp) it can they do it the same day when we come in, or within day or two? pls if anyone knows, id appreciate help
They used to offer same day service in Vienna, but I don't know if they still do.

Check the full letter you got requesting the passport. Also, check on the main forum for people's experience- hopefully someone with recent experience can advise you one way or the other :)

Enjoy Vienna :D

ETA: they still offered same day service, at least a month ago :). See http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vienna-office-t74361.0.html;msg1406624#msg1406624

gost

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-10-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-02-2011 re-done: 02-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
SoonCanada did u send them your passport along with your PPR letter (or on any other way provide them with your File #)? My point is that they were maybe not able to connect your passport with your case...

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
hi gost.
no actually we only send the passport by itself, which now i see is kinda dumb. We only included address and phone number.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
SoonCanada said:
Hi, update:

actually that's the best decision!! in person it's the best: u can actually talk to someone directly, show their email, the empty passport, the no visa etc; i know someone from January thread who got the visa in March i think (her husband did); they travelled by car from Serbia to Vienna (must b fun :) ) dropped the passport and picked it up; so it is possible but i'm not sure after how many days it was possible (i think the next day or maybe the same day)

and yeah gost is right; usually when u send the passport u need to send with a copy of the letter requesting it, they will see ur client id there, file number, they can access it in ur system; sometimes they aslo ask for new pictures; it's good that the passport was not lost or misplaced ;)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send the passport back WITH a copy of the email you received requesting it. They need to be able to attach it to the file number. If possible, do as they suggest regarding the IOM office. Looks like a mail clerk opened it, didn't know what to do with it because there was no file number and sent it back. You could also try goint to Vienna but check first to see if they will accept walk ins. Lots of embassies do NOT.

SoonCanada said:
hi gost.
no actually we only send the passport by itself, which now i see is kinda dumb. We only included address and phone number.

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
so,its a bad idea to go drop it off to viena instead of doing as they suggest in email......what if i still go, can they just send me home without a visa and mail it to me later......that i dont think would be fair.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoonCanada said:
so,its a bad idea to go drop it off to viena instead of doing as they suggest in email......what if i still go, can they just send me home without a visa and mail it to me later......that i dont think would be fair.
Many visa offices are not set up for same-day service. Check with them FIRST. Read their website. Call. They've informed you about how to submit your passport. The error was that they did not know which file number to associate the passport with and given all the changes, moving around of files, etc. that has been going on in the last few weeks, they sent it back. It's better than it being lost. You now know the proper procedure for submission. What they tell you to do is not a "suggestion", it's a set of "instructions".

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoonCanada said:
As I mentioned in my post earlier today, it varies between visa offices so it's best to get Vienna-specific advice. In the link I posted in that reply, someone from the Vienna visa office reported success with same-day service. This coincides with the information on the Vienna office website, which indicates:

"Monday to Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00
Friday: 08:00 – 14:00

Comments: Open to public Monday to Thursday from 8:30 to 11:30 for Temporary Resident applications, and Monday to Thursday from 8:30 to 12:30 and 14:30 to 15:30 for Immigration applications. Closed to the public on Fridays."

So, you should be fine going to Vienna for your specific situation ;) Take everything they request, copies of the tracking info last time, and return envelope with you.

That being said, you don't have to go. If it's easier, you could mail it in with detailed info (as a few of us have suggested) including the e-mail requesting his passport, your file number, prior tracking number, etc and a note explaining the situation.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
SoonCanada said:
as i told u before some member from January thread got the visa this March and they went in person (the sponsor and the applicant) to Vienna - driving from Serbia; i don't remember how many days it took between the drop off and pickup; u can ask her (her name is Gemini1) :) good luck!!

and yeah actually if u follow the Vienna thread u can ask there and more members can answer :)

SoonCanada

May 30, 2012
Guys thank you....

Im a bit stubborn yet confused with this :))) don't mind me hehee... ill be ok once the visa is in our hands.
Yes i have read some situations well, most where they go in and get same day service....havent come across anyone who has been send home...Minnmini i have already send a msg to Gemini1, but she is probably busy, when she has time i hope she will answer.

Again, thank you.....we cant get rejected now, if they asked for our passport, right ;D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
missmini said:
as i told u before some member from January thread got the visa this March and they went in person (the sponsor and the applicant) to Vienna - driving from Serbia; i don't remember how many days it took between the drop off and pickup; u can ask her (her name is Gemini1) :) good luck!!

and yeah actually if u follow the Vienna thread u can ask there and more members can answer :)
She got it back the same day!