+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport by courier

Rachel02

Apr 7, 2021
Hi,
I am from Mauritius and since there is a lockdown until 30 April 2021, the VAC Mauritius is closed until further notice.
I received the letter to submit my passport and there is the 30-day expiration delay for the submission. I have contacted VAC Mauritius and they told me to send my passport by courier, which I did immediately. Yet, DHL informed me that they made 3 delivery attempts and VAC Mauritius is still closed.
I then contacted the VAC Pretoria in South Africa by email and they inform me that I can send my passport to VAC Pretoria. Is there anyone who is in the same situation as me? Anyone can confirm me if I can use the VAC Pretoria service to send my passport to the High Commissionner of Canada (since VAC Mauritius is closed)?
I got the confirmation from VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre, South Africa and I also had a chat with them online. Yet I would like to know if I am doing right to send my passport to VAC Pretoria, while her in Mauritius there is the VAC office - but is still closed due to lockdown

Chitranjana

Apr 13, 2021
Hey,
I'm also from Mauritius and I'm in the same situation like you. I sent my passport to DHL and they said the VAC office is closed and will send the passport once it'll be opened. But it looks like I'll miss out the deadline of 30 days if I wait for the office to open.
I also sent Pretoria an email but i'm still waiting for a reply. Let me know if you get any update

Chitranjana

Apr 13, 2021
Ohh great!!
Did you pay VAC again? Cause to send it to VAC mauritius we had to pay a fee.
I shall email them again.
Thanks, it was helpful :)