+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Application

RedCinnamon01

Feb 7, 2019
Hi all,

Do you get a tracking number when the passport has been dispatched? For those who've applied at a passport office, how long did it take till you got it or the tracking number if applicable?

Thank you,
Sarah

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
No tracking number. But typically you get it in 10-12 working days including shipping .

hellen119119

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Hi, did you apply in person at passport office? I applied by mail about three weeks ago, but haven't got any news even they have not deducted the fee from my credit card.

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
in the passport application, where you had to put in addresses for past 2 years...when you added your current address, what did you enter into "to month and year" section? it doesn't let us write current. it doesnt let us add future date either.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Hi all,

Do you get a tracking number when the passport has been dispatched? For those who've applied at a passport office, how long did it take till you got it or the tracking number if applicable?

Thank you,
Sarah
You can get the tracking number if you call the passport call center just the right time - but it’s a small window of time.

I applied, then after five weeks of waiting I called the call center. Operator immediately said - we just dispatched your passport today via Canada post and here is your tracking number.

I guess I would not get the number if I called day or two sooner, and day or two later the passport would already arrived.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
You can get the tracking number if you call the passport call center just the right time - but it’s a small window of time.

I applied, then after five weeks of waiting I called the call center. Operator immediately said - we just dispatched your passport today via Canada post and here is your tracking number.

I guess I would not get the number if I called day or two sooner, and day or two later the passport would already arrived.
If I submit my application at passport office, will they returned my original documents immediately or they will take documents and return along with passport?

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
If I submit my application at passport office, will they returned my original documents immediately or they will take documents and return along with passport?
They will make photocopy and return all original documents back to you right when you apply for the application.

trucvynguyen

May 1, 2017
hi there

i appplied and mailed my first passport application Oct 1 and got the application delivered at passport program office in Quebec Oct 5 (by canada post registered mail)

i have not received any mails from them since then is it normal ?

my first passport after receiving citizenship cert.

thanks and all the best guys

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same with me. My application reached there on 9/29. Today cc got charged.

Hypermilantix

Nov 13, 2016
Hi everyone!
i just got my Citizenship Certificate. I am going to apply for my Canadian passport. Could you please help me with following info?
1. if i send my original citizenship certificate which is almost A4 size, Do i need to send a prepaid return envelop too (written my address) which is A4 size to send back my passport and original citizenship certificate? or i dont need to send any prepaid return envelop.
2. there is a required documents which said "any valid Canadian travel document issued in your name or Question 3 probably in application form". But i dont have any canadian travel document as i am applying for first time for Canadian passport. So i dont need to fill out that box. Am i reading it right??? I am using the application form PPTC 153 (10-2020)

Thanks in Advance!

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Hi everyone!
i just got my Citizenship Certificate. I am going to apply for my Canadian passport. Could you please help me with following info?
1. if i send my original citizenship certificate which is almost A4 size, Do i need to send a prepaid return envelop too (written my address) which is A4 size to send back my passport and original citizenship certificate? or i dont need to send any prepaid return envelop.
2. there is a required documents which said "any valid Canadian travel document issued in your name or Question 3 probably in application form". But i dont have any canadian travel document as i am applying for first time for Canadian passport. So i dont need to fill out that box. Am i reading it right??? I am using the application form PPTC 153 (10-2020)

Thanks in Advance!
1. No need for return envelope;
2. Leave it blank since its not applicable to you;

Reactions: Hypermilantix

Hypermilantix

Nov 13, 2016
1. No need for return envelope;
2. Leave it blank since its not applicable to you;
Thanks Zam7 for your reply! This is interesting that Immigration authority is going to send my passport and original certificate at their cost. it never happened in this whole immigration process.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: zam7

Hypermilantix

Nov 13, 2016
Thanks Zam7 for your reply! This is interesting that Immigration authority is going to send my passport and original certificate at their cost. it never happened in this whole immigration process.

Thank you so much!
Hello Zam7,
One more query. I am giving Driving license as my identification proof. However, i moved out my previous place. I did not update my driving license though.
So current home address does not match with my driving license home address though i live in the same city. Is it going to be a problem?
Should i first update my driving license with new address and then apply for Canadian passport?
Thanks!
Regards,