+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport application place of birth

yeshelllomaybe

Jun 28, 2021
Hello folks! So on my passport from my birth country, only the state is mentioned as the place of birth and not the city/town. When I applied for PR, I was advised from the IRCC website to enter in my place of birth, as per my passport, even though the application form asked for city/town. I even sent them a letter to clarify this, telling them what my city of birth actually was but I entered in my state of birth since the state name is on my passport as the place of birth. On my CoPR, my place of birth says the state that I was born in. For the citizenship application, I was advised to enter in the place of birth info as per my country's passport (which is the state, not the city/town).

I wanted to ask, for the Canadian passport application, for the place of birth section, do I have to enter my state name again in the place of birth section where it says city of birth, or can I just put in my city of birth (which would be different from what was entered in my previous applications, where I had entered in my state of birth instead).

Last edited: