+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport application NO GUARENTOR

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Hey family Congrats on the citizenship :)

Has anyone applied recently for the passport with no guarantor... I filled up the extra paper and signed in front of a commissioner of oath but still worried about a rejection somehow..

DO they really call all 4 references? what kinda questions do they ask?

Any experience would be appreciated... THX :)

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

Has anyone applied recently for the passport with no guarantor... I filled up the extra paper and signed in front of a commissioner of oath but still worried about a rejection somehow..

1. Applications w/out a guarantor could delay your process considerably.
2. There's a 50:50 chance of Guarantors' being called in regular application cases. However, with a non-Guarantor application the chances of one or both the referees being called is high.
3. In any case the calls are directed to basic queries reg. the identity of the applicant. Viz. name, age, physical attributes, work, how does s/he know you and/or since how long.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
2. There's a 50:50 chance of Guarantors' being called in regular application cases. However, with a non-Guarantor application the chances of one or both the referees being called is high.
3. In any case the calls are directed to basic queries reg. the identity of the applicant. Viz. name, age, physical attributes, work, how does s/he know you and/or since how long.
Thanks for your replying... I m just hoping for the best
They said if I don’t receive a call within the next few days then pick up next week (Wednesday).

Reactions: qorax

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015

Why no guarantor? Do you really not know anyone who could be your guarantor? Friend, work colleague etc etc??

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

ciscotao

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
Passport Req..
01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
I'm in the same ballpark as you, as I moved to a new city 1.5 years ago. Even I had to apply without guarantor, I was able to get my passport on the 5th business day with express pickup. Considering I'm in Vancouver and all passports were printed in Canadian Bank Note Company in Ottawa, the turn-around speed was quite impressive.

I filled in pptc 132 and went to a notary public to get the form and my photos signed and certified. I had to fill in 2 extra references in the pptc132 so a total of 4 is required.

Then I went to Passport Canada and explained my situation. I opt in express pickup for extra $50 as I need the passport ASAP for a business trip. The representative was quite co-operative. She promised me that the passport will be ready on the 5th business day. HOWEVER, 2 out of 4 of my references will be contacted so I need to make sure that they can pick up the phone.

Then they actually started to reach out to my references 20 minutes after I stepped out of the office. Like they said, they called 2 out of 4 of my references (randomly selected) to verify some of my basic informations (height, hair colour, etc).

Then the rest of the process was quite smooth and I was able to pickup the passport 10AM on the 5th business day.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Thanks Qorax