+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport application form - current home address

footyluv

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello ,

I'm currently living outside of Canada / USA.

But I will be applying for the passport in Canada.

In the passport application there's a field - "Current home address".

Can I give my hotel/Airbnb Canadian address that I'm staying at for this field?

Please let me know! Thanks!

jackphoneix

Jul 29, 2016
No. Choose from below.

1. If you have a Canadian mailing address(PO Box?), provide that. The PPT will be mailed there. I would advise against providing a friend/relative's address as your mailing address. If they question it and it does not belong to you, they would strike out that address on the form. PPT is a highly important document, and it is preferred that they are delivered to "Applicant" only. If you do not have a Canadian mailing address, no worries. Leave it blank.

2. Feel free to provide your current home(US) address. That is perfectly all right. The PPT will be mailed to the US address. It costs extra though. 10 year PPT mailed to an address in Canada = CA$160. Same PPT mailed out to US = CA$260. If that difference is no issue, this is the most convenient option.

3. Another option would be to do a pick up in person. 10 year PPT = CA$160 + CA$20 (Pickup Fee) = CA$180.

jackphoneix

Jul 29, 2016
Maybe I misunderstood.

If you're living outside of Canada and the USA, feel free to provide your actual current home address(abroad) that's on your supporting ID. However, your only option would be to do an in-person pickup. PPTs are not mailed outside of Canada and the US.

footyluv

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks @jackphoneix
Yes, I am planning to pick-up in person. In this case , can I just give my AirBnb address in the "home address" section of the application form?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Thanks @jackphoneix
Yes, I am planning to pick-up in person. In this case , can I just give my AirBnb address in the "home address" section of the application form?
I applied for my passport from the UK and gave the UK address as my current address....that was once I'd had it confirmed by the embassy in London so I wouldn't worry about where you put the address...as long as you can collect it wherever it's delivered to.

jackphoneix

Jul 29, 2016
Thanks @jackphoneix
Sorry about the late response man but no, do not provide your airbnb/hotel address as your current home address. No matter where you live, provide your "current home address". Say you currently live and work in Tokyo, Japan and are here in Canada for a couple weeks to apply for passport. Provide you address in Tokyo, Japan as you Current home address. As long as you're able to pick up in person, it is not a problem.

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi. I am applying for my first Canadian passport also while being abroad. (I got my citizenship certificate mailed to me in my current location outside of canada.) In the passport application there's a section where nee to list all addresses and work places in the last 2 years. Just wondering, if it is okay if I have been living outside of Canada now almost 1.5years and working abroad. I did my ceremony last fall. Any advises are welcome

jackphoneix

Jul 29, 2016
Hi. I am applying for my first Canadian passport also while being abroad. (I got my citizenship certificate mailed to me in my current location outside of canada.) In the passport application there's a section where nee to list all addresses and work places in the last 2 years. Just wondering, if it is okay if I have been living outside of Canada now almost 1.5years and working abroad. I did my ceremony last fall. Any advises are welcome
I assume you'd be applying at the embassy/consulate then?

To your question, absolutely no problem. Once IRCC has done their due diligence and have granted you citizenship, you're free to obtain a passport. Unless of course, your application triggers red flags, which is rare and in which case there will be further communication.

Feel free to provide all of your addresses in the last 2 years and your occupational history. Make sure there are no gaps. If there was a time when you were not working, just check of "Other" and write "Unemployed" for that duration.

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I assume you'd be applying at the embassy/consulate then?

To your question, absolutely no problem. Once IRCC has done their due diligence and have granted you citizenship, you're free to obtain a passport. Unless of course, your application triggers red flags, which is rare and in which case there will be further communication.

Feel free to provide all of your addresses in the last 2 years and your occupational history. Make sure there are no gaps. If there was a time when you were not working, just check of "Other" and write "Unemployed" for that duration.
Yes at the embassy. My friend was worried for me because I haven't been in Canada for so long time. Only went back to attend to my citizenship ceremony. What those red flags could be you mentioned?