07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
MenicMonday said:
^^I wonder if the PR Card will be delivered through Canada Post....
Yeah, they use regular mail to deliver PR cards, work permits etc :mad:

PRhopeful2014

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 06, 2016
AOR Received.
Jun-29-2016
MenicMonday said:
^ I know, I was just messing with the OP/PRHopeful...
Lol, at least they were nice enough to send me a cheque for 100+ i had spent on getting notarized document, police report and they even included the money i spent on getting new pictures clicked.

They were legally not obligated to compensate more than 100 and in my case even a penny as the passport was found. But i guess morally they did and fulfilled their promise of compensation.

canada1983

Dec 15, 2014
Hello,
I am going through the same situation and Canada Post declared our package is lost, they provided the official letter as well.
But they are not compensating other than $100.
Could you please let me know, how to proceed, any email id, etc. I can right and take the matter forward.

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Re: Passport Misplaced before COPR Lost by Canada POST

I was in a similar situation last dec with CANPOST and my tracking remained at 'out for delivery' for 2 days. Are u sure its lost, what does ur tracking say?

In my case what i did was go to theGen Post Office and the ladies at the counter can help to find if its in their postal facility or in CP sort facility. Depending on where u live in Vancouver, you need to go the General post office in ur area(not the counters in SDM or London drugs).
I thought its lost as well and the customer care complaint was not of much help bcos they cant really find where it is located from a call centre.

You can pm me if u need more details.

malini78 said:
SO they lost it.

-Had my COPR and passport being returned from Ottawa.

Can someone/seniors please guide me the process on the following:

1. How to get the Indian passport in Vancouver ? and timelines for it? Address where to go
2. I had US visa for 10 years, how to get the visa again on the new passport?
3. Also who to inform in CIC about this situation and how get the COPR again?

and lastly, *censored word* Canada post Sad. Will be going to the police station to file an official report.

Bought my ticket to India on 11th March.. :(

Any way to expedite the new passport issuance ?

varunraj

Mar 9, 2013
PRhopeful2014 said:
So still no news,I got so frustrated that I emailed the CEO of Canda post and he repliedwithin 15 minutes and then came emails from Customer Relations VP that they are gonna treat it with utmost priority.

3 People came from Canada post today to my building, checked every mailbox and in adjacent building, still no luck. I was with them, hoping to find it.

*censored word* man I am so stressed.

Filing a police report now and getting a new passport.

Guys, need some information on how to get TRV that I had to live/work in Canada legally, back on the new passport?
Hello PRHopeful, how you managed to get the email of canada post CEO ? I think am also in a mood to do something like that soon. I live in Tornoto and as per canada post tracking, my passport and corp are delivered a place in Richmond, BC !!!!. So strange and they dont have an explantion on how this can happen. As per the latest update from claims departmnet, carrier remembering delivering this packed to a valid address in Richmond, BC. I check in google maps and there is no such address in the entire British Columbia.

If this mis delivery had happened somewhere close to Tornoto, I could have gone there and did some investigation my own as you did. This place is like 4500 km west. I have no clue what to do now .

rim2

Jan 9, 2015
SO they lost it.

-Had my COPR and passport being returned from Ottawa.

Can someone/seniors please guide me the process on the following:

1. How to get the Indian passport in Toronto? and timelines for it? Address where to go
2. I had US visa for 10 years, how to get the visa again on the new passport?
3. Also who to inform in CIC about this situation and how get the COPR again?

and lastly, Fuck Canada post :(. Will be going to the police station to file an official report.

So many things affected by their stupid mistake. Had a job offer in a different province, that will be affected too now. Not sure if they will wait for me.

Any way to expedite the new passport issuance ?
----------------------

Hi , I am in similar situation. What is the next step if I dont find my passport?