+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport and Birth Certificate city mismatch

abbasi123

Sep 4, 2017
Hi all,
The birth city specified on my passport is incorrect and is inconsistent with the birth certificate. It is pertinent to mention that I had applied with the same passport and birth certificate for Canada student visa in 2011 and no concern was raised on this part. I have just got my GCMS notes for my students visa and cic has mentioned that they do not retain any old documents for more than 2 years, however, my GCMS notes has full details including the birth city as per my birth certificate.

Should I apply as it is, with the same passport and birth certificate? or should i get my passport changed to address the inaccuracy in the birth city and later specify the same in LOE?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
You do not need your birth certificate for Express Entry. They only need BC for kids, if applicable.
Or if you are using it to claim a relationship with someone in Canada.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi all,
The birth city specified on my passport is incorrect and is inconsistent with the birth certificate. It is pertinent to mention that I had applied with the same passport and birth certificate for Canada student visa in 2011 and no concern was raised on this part. I have just got my GCMS notes for my students visa and cic has mentioned that they do not retain any old documents for more than 2 years, however, my GCMS notes has full details including the birth city as per my birth certificate.

Should I apply as it is, with the same passport and birth certificate? or should i get my passport changed to address the inaccuracy in the birth city and later specify the same in LOE?
No need to change your passport. Just enter the correct details and explain in your LOE if they are different from what is on your passport.

abbasi123

Sep 4, 2017
No need to change your passport. Just enter the correct details and explain in your LOE if they are different from what is on your passport.
I am single so if the birth certificate is not required, this is fine with me. I will apply as it is.
Thank you guys!