+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport and Birth Cert. different from public records

THADZ

Mar 24, 2011
I am about to work to canada in a hotel in vancouver. however, i am required to submit my records to the embassy for checking. the problem the name in my passport and my birth certificate is different from the name what am I using right now and from childhood and is reflected in my school records, Drivers license and other certificates. What supporting should I attached to prove my identity. Any help?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Your query is actually vague. Are your names in your passport and birth certificate the same? Are the names you used on your school records, driver's license and certificates the same but different from that of your passport and birth certificate?

THADZ said:
I am about to work to canada in a hotel in vancouver. however, i am required to submit my records to the embassy for checking. the problem the name in my passport and my birth certificate is different from the name what am I using right now and from childhood and is reflected in my school records, Drivers license and other certificates. What supporting should I attached to prove my identity. Any help?

THADZ

Mar 24, 2011
My passport and my birth certificate has the same name. my baptismal, my school records since elementary to secondary, my training and employment cert. is different. I was using my name since childhood the name stated in my baptismal. Because birth certificates in 1970's are not so strict in entries here in the philippines before, and we could enroll to schools even using the baptismal as supporting documents. Now, The Department of Foreign Affairs here issues Passport basing on Birth Certificates. I have already an affidavit issued by notarial lawyers here that the person in the passport and birth certificate and the person bearing the name on documents such as school records, and other pertinent documents ARE THE SAME PERSON.
Is this supporting enough?

I am through an agency. Thanks for your next reply. MORE HELP PLS THNK U

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I don't think the affidavits (which should be made by disinterested persons) would be enough. But then again, Canadian embassy might accept the affidavits. You have to correct your birth certificate and then the passport to reflect the name on your school records, etc. It takes some time to correct the birth certificate and you need to publish the change in a major daily for two weeks (been so long, am not sure of this now) but you can directly go to your local civil registrar and ask about the procedure to correct your name on your birth certificate. You need the publication and then it would take several weeks/months before the actual correction is entered on the civil registry, and before you can get a copy of the updated birth certificate.

THADZ said:
My passport and my birth certificate has the same name. my baptismal, my school records since elementary to secondary, my training and employment cert. is different. I was using my name since childhood the name stated in my baptismal. Because birth certificates in 1970's are not so strict in entries here in the philippines before, and we could enroll to schools even using the baptismal as supporting documents. Now, The Department of Foreign Affairs here issues Passport basing on Birth Certificates. I have already an affidavit issued by notarial lawyers here that the person in the passport and birth certificate and the person bearing the name on documents such as school records, and other pertinent documents ARE THE SAME PERSON.
Is this supporting enough?

I am through an agency. Thanks for your next reply. MORE HELP PLS THNK U