+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passpors to New Delhi and waiting for close to one month

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi All - I have question regarding my PPR request and passport submission.
I had applied for Canadian PR via express entry with PNP on Nov 2015 during which my mailing address was Toronto.
I had to travel back to India in March and i had submitted CSE informing the address change before my travel.

I got the PPR request on March 18th 2016 with my Indian Bangalore mailing address . Although in the mail they indicated to send mail to CPC Ottawa if the mailing address is other than US/Canada and without sending mail to them i submitted my Passport with other documents to VFS office here in Bangalore on 21st March 2016. I haven't received my stamped passport as of April 15th...is this delay because i did not sent out the mail to CPC ottawa indicating the address change?? before submitting the passport. Please suggest

Now since i believe the delay is because of address change i have sent out the mail to CPC-Ottawa (Email id from PPR mail) and also to New-Delhi Immigration explaining my situation with the PPR mail as attachment,hopefully they will consider it. Also i visited VFS office here in Bangalore and submitted the letter to High Commission of Canada- New Delhi to consider my address change and dispatch my stamped passports. VFS will add this letter as additional document to my application and will be sending to them

Apparently status in myCIC still shows Review of Eligibility in progress...hopefully that is not an issue. Please let me know if i can do anything else to get my stamped passports with COPR as i am planning to travel back ASAP

The vfs status currently shows 'Its being processed in New Delhi' which is same from past 3 weeks.

I just wanted to understand is this delay because of address change or anything else or the processing time is normal. What else i can do to get my Passports and COPR . Any inputs from experts on this??

Thanks in advance
Ravi

maya_india

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
hi,
when submitting ur passport to VFS bangalore did u had letter from dlehi VO that u can submitt ur passport to delhi? normally it takes one week to get passport back from delhi.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
maya_india said:
hi,
when submitting ur passport to VFS bangalore did u had letter from dlehi VO that u can submitt ur passport to delhi? normally it takes one week to get passport back from delhi.
Thanks for the reply. No i did not have any mail from delhi VO to submit my passport to delhi. I did not request for it since the PPR mail had my Bangalore Indian address and i have to submit my passports to New Delhi only.
But since i did not get back my passports even after 3 weeks ...i did send a mail to Delhi-immigration and raised the CSE(Case specific enquiry) last week mentioning about the address change and that i have submitted the passports in New Delhi. Hope fully they should consider this.

Is there any thing else that can be done?? Please suggest

Thanks and Regds
Ravi

thoma

Dec 3, 2014
Kozhikode
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nrc1978 said:
Hi All - I have question regarding my PPR request and passport submission.
I had applied for Canadian PR via express entry with PNP on Nov 2015 during which my mailing address was Toronto.
I had to travel back to India in March and i had submitted CSE informing the address change before my travel.

I got the PPR request on March 18th 2016 with my Indian Bangalore mailing address . Although in the mail they indicated to send mail to CPC Ottawa if the mailing address is other than US/Canada and without sending mail to them i submitted my Passport with other documents to VFS office here in Bangalore on 21st March 2016. I haven't received my stamped passport as of April 15th...is this delay because i did not sent out the mail to CPC ottawa indicating the address change?? before submitting the passport. Please suggest

Now since i believe the delay is because of address change i have sent out the mail to CPC-Ottawa (Email id from PPR mail) and also to New-Delhi Immigration explaining my situation with the PPR mail as attachment,hopefully they will consider it. Also i visited VFS office here in Bangalore and submitted the letter to High Commission of Canada- New Delhi to consider my address change and dispatch my stamped passports. VFS will add this letter as additional document to my application and will be sending to them

Apparently status in myCIC still shows Review of Eligibility in progress...hopefully that is not an issue. Please let me know if i can do anything else to get my stamped passports with COPR as i am planning to travel back ASAP

The vfs status currently shows 'Its being processed in New Delhi' which is same from past 3 weeks.

I just wanted to understand is this delay because of address change or anything else or the processing time is normal. What else i can do to get my Passports and COPR . Any inputs from experts on this??

Thanks in advance
Ravi
Hello everyone
I have received passport request from CIC. I am from Kerala in India. And I have a confusion regarding the submission of passport. Can I submit the passport to the nearest VFS centre which is in Bangalore. Can submit the passport in Bangalore VFD centre

Plz help

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
thoma said:
Hello everyone
I have received passport request from CIC. I am from Kerala in India. And I have a confusion regarding the submission of passport. Can I submit the passport to the nearest VFS centre which is in Bangalore. Can submit the passport in Bangalore VFD centre

Plz help
Yes you can submit your passport,photos and PPR email in VFS centre Bangalore

Ravi

thoma

Dec 3, 2014
Kozhikode
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......