+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passed the Citizenship test then realize I miscalculate the physical presence

CCCCAAAAA

Jun 23, 2017
Hi Everyone, for those who may be interested in the situation. Here are some updates.

I got an email from my processing officer this morning requesting my clarification for not declaring one of the stamps (the one I missed). Then soon the officer realized that I have requested the withdraw of application via email and mail and responded to me that the withdraw will be processed once he/she gets my physical letter (I assume it needs few days of quarantine due to COVID).

Long story short, once you discovered that you did not meet the 1095 days, it's the best you withdraw right away. It hurts, definitely, but one need to be extremely careful when submitting the documents. I own this mistake.

Good luck everyone.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi Everyone, for those who may be interested in the situation. Here are some updates.

I got an email from my processing officer this morning requesting my clarification for not declaring one of the stamps (the one I missed). Then soon the officer realized that I have requested the withdraw of application via email and mail and responded to me that the withdraw will be processed once he/she gets my physical letter (I assume it needs few days of quarantine due to COVID).

Long story short, once you discovered that you did not meet the 1095 days, it's the best you withdraw right away. It hurts, definitely, but one need to be extremely careful when submitting the documents. I own this mistake.

Good luck everyone.
what do you mean by physical letter ? Didnt you send them the cit0027 form filled and signed online ?

CCCCAAAAA

Jun 23, 2017
what do you mean by physical letter ? Didnt you send them the cit0027 form filled and signed online ?
Yes the forms and the receipt. But I also hand wrote a letter explaining my mistakes as I felt awful about it. I am not sure if that helps, but just me personally feel bad.

Reactions: luvtrump

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
Hi, I am March 2020 applicant. AOR: Oct.2020. I completed my citizen test in August 2021 and provided my passport scan on Sep 2021.

Today, for some reason I checked my physical presence and just realized that I may be short of 2 days from 1095.

Now I am really worried what might go next...

When they send you test invite, does that mean that you have passed the physical presence? Should I inform them now?

I actually don't remember all my past travel now and I am really short of 2 days from the record I think.

Help and advice is gratefully appreciated!
As far as i know, they will count the days upto when you apply for citizenship.
You got the test because they haven’t counted the days till then, once you send the scanned copies of passport then they will calculate the days and match it with the requirement.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CCCCAAAAA

Jun 23, 2017
As far as i know, they will count the days upto when you apply for citizenship.
You got the test because they haven’t counted the days till then, once you send the scanned copies of passport then they will calculate the days and match it with the requirement.
Hi, Thank you for the response. I have requested withdraw and it is under process now. I think I am short of 3 days based on my passport stamp. It's an unforunate.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Good luck everyone.
It must feel awful to reach the point after the test only to realize something was not declared. I hope they agree to withdraw your application without any complications.

Reactions: luvtrump

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, Thank you for the response. I have requested withdraw and it is under process now. I think I am short of 3 days based on my passport stamp. It's an unforunate.

Good luck everyone.
I am sorry this happened to you but you did the right thing and you owned up to your mistake.

Re-apply again now, it is likely for your application to move a little faster (to an extent) because criminality and security checks done would still be valid.

Anastasia_17

Jul 23, 2023
Hi @CCCAAAAA I am going through the exact same thing were I am three days short and only realized after my interview where the officer emailed me with the discrepancy. When you withdrew and reapplied how long did it take for you to reach the final stages i.e. if you have received citizenship now. Thanks in advance! @CCCCAAAAA