+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passed test 20/20-App i used to prepare-thanks for the help

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just passed my test 20/20 and have an oath ceremony this evening where i'll become a Canadian Citizen.

Thank you for all the help that everyone offered here on this forum. I wish everyone the best.

Someone here listed an app that you can use to practice the test. Well i listened to the audiobook once and just did lots and lots of questions using this app and the questions were almost identical on the test with few exceptions.

App name is: OCASI and its funded by Canadian citizenship and immigration Canada

Good luck everyone and thanks again.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Sunny88 said:
I just passed my test 20/20 and have an oath ceremony this evening where i'll become a Canadian Citizen.

Thank you for all the help that everyone offered here on this forum. I wish everyone the best.

Someone here listed an app that you can use to practice the test. Well i listened to the audiobook once and just did lots and lots of questions using this app and the questions were almost identical on the test with few exceptions.

App name is: OCASI and its funded by Canadian citizenship and immigration Canada

Good luck everyone and thanks again.
Congrats !!!, please advise your timeline, local CIC office details and is the "OCASI" an online application.

Cheers !!!

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I applied in April 2015 and today I had my test and got my oath.

My application went into progress in July 2015. The downloaded the OCASI app on my cellphone (it's free).

My test and oath was done in Edmonton office but i had to travel from Yellowknife.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Sunny88 said:
Hi, I applied in April 2015 and today I had my test and got my oath.

My application went into progress in July 2015. The downloaded the OCASI app on my cellphone (it's free).

My test and oath was done in Edmonton office but i had to travel from Yellowknife.
Thanks a lot, congrats once again. ;D ;D ;D

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you use the app, did you just keep going through random 25 questions or all of them. I did download the app, find it very useful studying tool.

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just pulled up 10 questions and sometimes 25 and once or twice (when i had the time 50)...about 3 days before my test.

Everytime i had some free time i just started answering and when i got something wrong i went back and read the answer again twice to make sure it's fully in my memory.

The test is not hard but mind you there was a girl talking to me who was supposed to have the oath with me the same day but she told me she found the test very hard and later i looked for her at the oath ceremony and she was not in the room. My guess is that she failed along with a few other people.

It's not hard but its good to over prepare as some questions are a bit tricky.

for example: what is the royal anthem-some people will say O Canada but its God save the queen.

Good luck

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Sunny88 said:
I just pulled up 10 questions and sometimes 25 and once or twice (when i had the time 50)...about 3 days before my test.

Everytime i had some free time i just started answering and when i got something wrong i went back and read the answer again twice to make sure it's fully in my memory.

The test is not hard but mind you there was a girl talking to me who was supposed to have the oath with me the same day but she told me she found the test very hard and later i looked for her at the oath ceremony and she was not in the room. My guess is that she failed along with a few other people.

It's not hard but its good to over prepare as some questions are a bit tricky.

for example: what is the royal anthem-some people will say O Canada but its God save the queen.

Good luck
I agree with you, it just need couple of days focused study and practice. May be people find hard to remember dates and get mixed up.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
I had applied in Feb of 2015 got my first test on sept 2015 which unfortunately I missed by 1 point like i got 14/20 and they asked me to provide I94 (US travel) history and coloured Passport copies of all my passports since doing landing and getting landing papers, which I submitted the 2nd day and than waited for 2nd citizenship test which I got in Nov 2015 which I cleared 19/20 and since than waiting for OATH CEREMONY. And people who applied few months later than I did are already citizens. Even my family of 4 are all citizens.
Whats keeping them from giving me oath ceremony ?????

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Good information, I keep going over all questions, have trouble with dates sometimes. But think if those are the questions on the test I should do pretty well. Thanks again for posting the link about the app software. Very useful to study by.