+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pasport not returned back from New York CIC

albert_calg

Apr 14, 2010
As requested by CIC New York to submit my passport to stamp PR Visa,
I had sent my passport to CIC New York along with Photos & Right off fee to stamp my PR VISA.
As I am in Canada, I had sent my passport through Express Post on Feb 18, 2010 and CIC received my passport package on Feb 24, 2010. I have not enclosed any prepaid envelope since they mentioned clearly they would be returning my passport back by First Class Mail (Regular mail). It is almost 45 business days over since I sent my passport and still, I have not received my Passport back.
I tried faxing and emailing to NY CIC to know the status whether they send passport back to me. So far, they have not replied my email/Fax.
Now I am worried about my passport and I really don't know how to proceed further. I would be glad if any one can help/guide me what is next step to follow up my passport.

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hello

Did you create a message enquiring about the status in the website ?
Please recheck with them. They may return by First Class only for addresses with in USA.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is there something wrong with passport or any issue like expiration date etc?

albert_calg

Apr 14, 2010
Hi manian47,

As per the NY CIC website,they have given clear instruction how to submite for Approved Applicants for Permanent Residence.
I did the same way to NY CIC.

for Approved Applicants for Permanent Residence
Submissions of passports are only accepted by mail. Passports are returned by mail within 30 business days. This does not include mailing time.

For addresses in Canada :
Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).

Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL).

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hello

As per the NY CIC website,they have given clear instruction how to submite for Approved Applicants for Permanent Residence.
I did the same way to NY CIC.

for Approved Applicants for Permanent Residence
Submissions of passports are only accepted by mail. Passports are returned by mail within 30 business days. This does not include mailing time.

For addresses in Canada :
Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).

Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL).
Since it has crossed 30 Business Days, please raise a message through their Website. I did raise one for mine and received a prompt response

albert_calg

Apr 14, 2010
Just to let you know, I received my passport with PR visa & CPR document by regular mail today from Newyork CIC.
It took 50 business day to get my passport back (including the mailing time) after I submit my passport.
CIC made my day to be happy. Thanks.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, albert_calg!!

Enjoy the moment :)

Btw, did CIC send your passports to you via regular mail (USPS)?

Cheers,

albert_calg said:
Just to let you know, I received my passport with PR visa & CPR document by regular mail today from Newyork CIC.
It took 50 business day to get my passport back (including the mailing time) after I submit my passport.

stevecanada

Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
November 2009
AOR Received.
February 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
NO interview
Passport Req..
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
Will do, working on American Citizenship
albert_calg said:
congrats but why they took over 30 days? Also didn't you attach return express envelop with them?

xxuz

Aug 4, 2010
hi, could you please let me know how to raise a message through CIC New York Website to check the passport timing? thx.