greenish

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse is currently still going to school and will graduate from a 4-year program in December. The generic application form (IMM0008) and the schedule A (IMM5669) both ask for education details.
Should we state that she has completed 3 years of post-secondary education with a note stating that the fourth year will be completed shortly (in Dec)? Or should we just write that she has completed the four years, giving the end date as Dec 14th?
We are planning to send our application sometime during October, so the processing visa office wont start processing the application till after she has finished the 4 years of post-secondary education anyways. Any ideas?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: PR's education in progress

Hi greenish,

What ever the case may be you have to fill up the correct information on any of the immigration forms. You should not anticipate anything and give details.

Now, if the application you are talking about is Family Class - Spouse, there is no points system. CIC wants to know the information about the PR applicant and therefore you should give what is her current eduction at the time when you submit the application. You can of course make a note on the additional sheet about her on going education and future graduation, which in fact does not affect favorably or adversely.

Good luck.

greenish

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Wilson, very helpful :)
I am going in fact for the Family Class - Spouse application. I guess it's not relevant to my application but what is that points system you mentioned?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D Thanks,
The points system what I was indicating is about certain points accrued by the applicant on FSW category by way of Education, IELTS, Experiece etc.., which is not applicable to Family Class applicants.