+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Part-time Semester

N031

Sep 15, 2020
Hi everyone,

Coming straight to the point I started my program in Jan 2018 and stayed full time for 2 yrs program. Now the problem is in Fall 2018 I wasn't sure whether I was gonna pursue with same program or change it. I took a shot but didn't do well in one course so I dropped that course. So the summary is that I was part-time for that semester. Now I have applied for PGWP I realized my mistake. Please help me solve this problem. If I write LOE to IRCC Officer what should I mention them ? I would appreciate your help.

Thank you

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You can write a letter explaining it was an honest mistake, but any part-time semester other than the last one makes you ineligible for a PGWP. If approved it would be rare and entirely at the VO's discretion.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi everyone,

Coming straight to the point I started my program in Jan 2018 and stayed full time for 2 yrs program. Now the problem is in Fall 2018 I wasn't sure whether I was gonna pursue with same program or change it. I took a shot but didn't do well in one course so I dropped that course. So the summary is that I was part-time for that semester. Now I have applied for PGWP I realized my mistake. Please help me solve this problem. If I write LOE to IRCC Officer what should I mention them ? I would appreciate your help.

Thank you
How many courses were you doing in Fall ?

It depends on your college if you were PT or FT

For example:

The University of Manitoba defines:

• Full-time Student Status as 9 credit hours (3 courses) per term or more
  • Part-time Student Status as less than 9 credit hours (1-2 courses) per term

Last edited:
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

N031

Sep 15, 2020
I was taking 3 courses. And I dropped 1. In our college 3 courses are considered as full time. I am so scared and worried right now.