+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Part time in the middle of a program (PGWP)

kosha18

Jun 14, 2019
Hello guys
I did not know about the PGWP rules until last week and this semester(Summer) I have already taken 2 courses which will be counted as part time. And I guess after this I will only have 2 more courses to finish which will make me a part time student again in the fall semester. So I still have a few days left to drop this two courses in this semester without academic Penalty but then this leave will be an unauthorized leave. What should I do?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You should add courses until you are full tine if possible. If its too late for that then I dont think anything can be done.

kosha18

Jun 14, 2019
Well its too late to add a course but the next semester is going to be my last semester so I don't think there will be a problem in my next semester.But this semester was a scheduled break as it was summer and I also changed my program from 3 to a 2 years program, can I still hope for a positive revert from IRCC because I have a reason to be a part time student?

kosha18

Jun 14, 2019
ALL OTHER students:
· For those students NOT in Semester One in Winter 2019, the Registrar will automatically prepare an offer for you for Fall 2019.
· If you would like to attend school in Summer 2019, please send an e-Form to the Registrar, requesting an offer for Summer 2019. This offer will include instructions you need to follow to ensure you are able to choose courses in the week of April 1st.

This is a part of the email I received in the beginning of my semester

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Dont understand that.
Bottom line if summer was part of your scheduled break then you are not violating PGWP rules by being part time during summer.

Now you might need to explain this in your PGWP application so the officer doesnt see 2 part time semesters in your transcript and think you violated.

kosha18

Jun 14, 2019
Okay Thank You for your reply and since I can explain why I had to take part time in summer. Should I take part time in the next semester which will be my final semester ?