+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Part-time 20 hours/week or 15 hours/week?

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hi,

I have been working as a Research/Teaching Assistant (NOC 4012) for 20 hours/week. However, everywhere on the CIC and provincial (OINP) website, they mention one must have at least one year (1560 hours total) or an equal amount in continuous part-time (minimum of 15 hours/week for 24 months) in order to be eligible. If I had worked 20 hours per week, could I have met this minimum eligibility criteria in 18 months? Or if I worked part-time, I can only count 15 hours per week out of the 20 I had worked?

The guides also mention I must have worked minimum of 15 hours/week. During my career, there was a time when I was working as a Research Assistant (NOC 4012) for 13.5hours/week and at the same time as a Teaching Assistant (NOC 4012) for 6.5 hours/week. In total, I was working 20 hours/week at the same time however individually these were less than 15 hours/week. Can I still count both these positions towards my work experience?

Thank you for your help in advance!

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
My understanding is that if you wish to count part-time as working experience, these part-time work must be completed in two years. This is what I read from CIC website. In other words, if some one works part-time for three years, which add up to the total working hours for a one-year full time work, this cannot count towards his/her working experience per CIC's requirement.