+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paris Office Timeline

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Sa3Sa3 said:
Wow. Your application is moving very fast. congrats
I'm not sure it means anything though... because it doesn't say something like "we started processing your file on xxx date". Just says when it was received (original date in May at Mississauga) and that medical was received (so no change since May).

rojiyo

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-07-2015 SA 11-08-2015
File Transfer...
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront and passed
Interview........
Waived
rs33 said:
I'm not sure it means anything though... because it doesn't say something like "we started processing your file on xxx date". Just says when it was received (original date in May at Mississauga) and that medical was received (so no change since May).
I think that if it says "In process" means that the VO started already to check your application, because if the status is just "Application received" means that haven't started yet to process it.

All the best for you!!!

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
rojiyo said:
I think that if it says "In process" means that the VO started already to check your application, because if the status is just "Application received" means that haven't started yet to process it.

All the best for you!!!
Thanks! We actually have the same timeline. My application was received on May 28th as well.

Jul 3, 2015
I would appreciate advice from you guys

I'm sponsering my tunisian husband we sent the application to mississauga we got an email that our application been recieved on may 19th on july 20th i got an email from an officer saying that i forgot to send my OPTION-C and asked me to send it or to explain why i don't have it and to mail it to " officer DJ " and it said at the end of the email :For fastest service, please attach the required documents to an email and send it to CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca.
so i sent an email back to the email address listed to explain that i been out of canada since april 2014 and cant get my tax assessment there for i cant get my option c prints but its been over 2 weeks and i didnt get nothing from them except an auto confirm email that they got my email im concerned that officer dj didnt get my email and the application is not been processed my questions is how can i be sure that they got my email and the application been processed or not and how long it takes for them to answer us if im approved as a sponser or not
thank you all for your time :)

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
canadian chick said:
I would appreciate advice from you guys

I'm sponsering my tunisian husband we sent the application to mississauga we got an email that our application been recieved on may 19th on july 20th i got an email from an officer saying that i forgot to send my OPTION-C and asked me to send it or to explain why i don't have it and to mail it to " officer DJ " and it said at the end of the email :For fastest service, please attach the required documents to an email and send it to CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca.
so i sent an email back to the email address listed to explain that i been out of canada since april 2014 and cant get my tax assessment there for i cant get my option c prints but its been over 2 weeks and i didnt get nothing from them except an auto confirm email that they got my email im concerned that officer dj didnt get my email and the application is not been processed my questions is how can i be sure that they got my email and the application been processed or not and how long it takes for them to answer us if im approved as a sponser or not
thank you all for your time :)
Call CIC. Tell that your application was received in May 19th and that you would like to know its status.

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Hello Members !

I am PR in Canada and submitted application to sponsor my wife from Libya. Paris VO will be processing the application.

Application was sent on July 3
Aug 7 I got an email from CIC confirming receiving my application on July 8

How long does it take to receive Sponsorship Approval stage 1 ?

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
colocho13 said:
Hello Members !

I am PR in Canada and submitted application to sponsor my wife from Libya. Paris VO will be processing the application.

Application was sent on July 3
Aug 7 I got an email from CIC confirming receiving my application on July 8

How long does it take to receive Sponsorship Approval stage 1 ?
If you check the excel sheet file you will get an idea about timelines
There is a link to the file in my signature
Best luck

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Sa3Sa3 said:
If you check the excel sheet file you will get an idea about timelines
There is a link to the file in my signature
Best luck
Thank you for the reply much appreciated ... I will give them a call before the end of the month to check if the SA is finished.

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
I just found that my permit renewal has been approved. I guess I'll have to send the Paris VO a copy of that?

The one I have expires in the fall, which is why I renewed it (and it took way less than anticipated... one month versus an expected 4!).

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys
well finally today received my passport back with visa stamped and COPR from paris visa office .
other applicants with same situation as me (non visa exempt country) will benefit from my expereince .
so after i got documents request from paris visa office (criminal record from portugal , photocopy of renewed passport ) my ecas updated to in process before i submitted the requested documents 23/06/2015 .
after that i got email from paris visa office requesting to submit my physical passport , the thing is when paris visa office asked to send physical passport they requested to use prepaid envelope , as there is no such services here in portugal only for national , even courier companies where i live here in sao miguel (açores) don't have option for prepaid envelope .
the last option for me was to submit my passport through VAC paris and include a certified cheque (bank cheque ) to pay for transmission of passport from VAC paris to paris visa office , and fee for returning my passport with courier company to my residence address in açores .
finally today got my passport back from VAC paris they sent me by DHL it took 5 days to arrive in my residence address including weekend .
so this is for some applicants who is going to face this problem about how to submit passport using prepaid envelope to paris visa office . good luck for everyone

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
forja said:
hi guys
well finally today received my passport back with visa stamped and COPR from paris visa office .
Congrats!

I am still waiting for thier communication. Hopefuly, by Thursday (2 weeks after the status has been changed to "in process")

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sa3Sa3 said:
Congrats!

I am still waiting for thier communication. Hopefuly, by Thursday (2 weeks after the status has been changed to "in process")
thanks sa3sa3 , you almost there just ask your wife to check her email inbox , because i think she will receive email from paris visa office first , then the next day your ecas will update to DM .
this what happened in my case got email from paris titled (visa prêt pour émission) around 15h00 , and next day got DM on my ecas .

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
forja said:
hi guys
other applicants with same situation as me (non visa exempt country) will benefit from my expereince .
so after i got documents request from paris visa office (criminal record from portugal , photocopy of renewed passport ) my ecas updated to in process before i submitted the requested documents 23/06/2015 .
after that i got email from paris visa office requesting to submit my physical passport , the thing is when paris visa office asked to send physical passport they requested to use prepaid envelope , as there is no such services here in portugal only for national , even courier companies where i live here in sao miguel (açores) don't have option for prepaid envelope .
the last option for me was to submit my passport through VAC paris and include a certified cheque (bank cheque ) to pay for transmission of passport from VAC paris to paris visa office , and fee for returning my passport with courier company to my residence address in açores .

finally today got my passport back from VAC paris they sent me by DHL it took 5 days to arrive in my residence address including weekend .
so this is for some applicants who is going to face this problem about how to submit passport using prepaid envelope to paris visa office . good luck for everyone

Are you a Portuguese citizen? I thought Portugal is VISA exempt?