Paris Office Timeline

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisbahNabeel said:
But I hold Portuguese residence permit of 2 years on which I do travel and Portugal is also a member of schengen area so how to evaluate this situation now!
Thanks for your great help and understanding
yes i know when you have a resident permit for any of schengen countries memeber , you can't stay more than 3 month out of that country which entitles a resident permit to stay .
so this is what you need to do , you go to police bring your resident permit of portugal and your passport and print the application forum , and explain them that you didn't know how long you stay and for the moment you need a criminal record check because you need for immigration , they going to help you .
also you have the option to ask for it in the court as you didn't have no conviction in norway.
so any document that you can get from them for your criminal record check it will be fine .
in the worst case ( if you saw the application form i gave you) they are going to check the box for (certificate not issued) and you will include it with an explanation letter and send it to paris visa office .
if you read cic guide about criminal record they gave option to applicants who can't get a criminal record from a country where they live more than 6 months , by including an explanation letter of why you can't get that document .

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
ECAS is showing decision made although I haven't checked it for ages, so I don't know when / if COPR was mailed.

Does anyone know if the COPR is mailed from Paris or from within Canada?

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissRepresentation said:
ECAS is showing decision made although I haven't checked it for ages, so I don't know when / if COPR was mailed.

if you file been processed in paris visa office , then its paris who is going to send you the COPR by mail .
you can write them at which date they sent the letter , that you can estimate when you will receive it at your mail box .

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
forja said:
if you file been processed in paris visa office , then its paris who is going to send you the COPR by mail .
you can write them at which date they sent the letter , that you can estimate when you will receive it at your mail box .
Thanks, Forja.

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
besboosa said:
Thanks guys for answering my questions yes there is an authorization form, just wondering can I check the status online when they picked it up they should of drop it and picked it up yesterday will it be online today it says updated every tuesday however it doesn't say if the visas were issued will it say that eventually, I am just worried that they did something wrong in the paper they had 30 days but they just got a chance right now my visa was sent to my email July 8 is the 30 days just normal days or work days? because the VAC only opens Monday and Wednesdays 2 days a week if its 30 normal days it ends aug 8 I am afraid something will go wrong its actually her brothers friend that is going on her behalf all papers are signed I just havn't seen them to make sure their correct and he has already gone if anything goes wrong what would I do in that case, just get her a normal visa or if they didn't extend the date I am going there on Aug 6 so if they didn't get it I can go get it I am going and have my departure and return and her return with us so I am expecting they get it right but I am worried on another side I will be going through egypt so I won't be there before Aug 8 just wanna know is that normal 30 days or 30 working days?
its 30 days but it's not for receiving the visa , it's only to apply for it , does mean you need to submit
your passpor within the 30 days for issuing your visa , you still have time , and if the brother friend already dropped the passport at vac tunisa then everything is fine , why you need to worry about it.

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissRepresentation said:

MissRepresentation have you checked under decision made if paris visa office sent you a letter , because normally , they mention something like a decsion has been made we sent you a letter on accurate date ec... .

if not does mean thay sent you email for requesting copy of your passport and 2 photos .
so check your ecas what says .

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
forja said:
MissRepresentation have you checked under decision made if paris visa office sent you a letter , because normally , they mention something like a decsion has been made we sent you a letter on accurate date ec... .

if not does mean thay sent you email for requesting copy of your passport and 2 photos .
so check your ecas what says .
I'm visa exempt so I don't think they need to send me a passport request. Now that you mention this, I'm concerned about the wording on ECAS as it doesn't say anything about a letter. It says 'A decision has been made on XXXX application. The office will contact XXXX concerning this decision."

Is this standard wording or is it something to be worried about?

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissRepresentation said:
I'm visa exempt so I don't think they need to send me a passport request. Now that you mention this, I'm concerned about the wording on ECAS as it doesn't say anything about a letter. It says 'A decision has been made on XXXX application. The office will contact XXXX concerning this decision."

Is this standard wording or is it something to be worried about?
its a standard message for all applicants and you will be receiving your COPR soon .
about requesting copy of passport , sometimes visa office ask applicants from visa exempt countries to send photocopy of passport and 2 photos for COPR .

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
forja said:
its a standard message for all applicants and you will be receiving your COPR soon .
about requesting copy of passport , sometimes visa office ask applicants from visa exempt countries to send photocopy of passport and 2 photos for COPR .
Ok. I won't be in Canada anyway by the time COPR arrives and wasn't planning to come back until next year. As usual CIC knows how to screw you over right until the end. Aghhh.

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
I'm expecting my application to be sent to Paris VO... will find out once the SA email comes in (we got DM last week). There doesn't seem to be many people here who get processed through Paris...

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
So, the status has been changed to "in process" today. As per the deadline that was written in the notes.

No emails yet have been received

How often does it take to send you a communication after the status is changed ?

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
rs33 said:
I'm expecting my application to be sent to Paris VO... will find out once the SA email comes in (we got DM last week). There doesn't seem to be many people here who get processed through Paris...
Welcome to the group and hope a smooth process for you.

you are right. Number of applicants are not that much here at this time. May be because of the short processing time of Paris VO.

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Sa3Sa3 said:
Welcome to the group and hope a smooth process for you.

you are right. Number of applicants are not that much here at this time. May be because of the short processing time of Paris VO.
Thanks! Just got the letter for SA approval and that the app has been sent to Paris.

Since submitting the app, I've renewed my passport. Does anyone know how to contact the VO to update the passport page? I'm from a visa-exempt country. Ecas still just says "app received" so I'm not sure if it's made its way over to Paris from Mississauga yet. Does Paris give AOR2?

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
rs33 said:
Thanks! Just got the letter for SA approval and that the app has been sent to Paris.

Since submitting the app, I've renewed my passport. Does anyone know how to contact the VO to update the passport page? I'm from a visa-exempt country. Ecas still just says "app received" so I'm not sure if it's made its way over to Paris from Mississauga yet. Does Paris give AOR2?
You should send them a copy of the new passport immadiatly. Use the contact form that they have in thier website.

If you look at the spreadsheet, it takes 4 to 6 weeks from SA date before you hear from Paris VO.

Congrats for the SA

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sa3Sa3 said:
So, the status has been changed to "in process" today. As per the deadline that was written in the notes.

No emails yet have been received

How often does it take to send you a communication after the status is changed ?
hi sa3sa3 your status changed to in process does mean you pass relationship eligibility mean no interview required . now the next step is decision made on your Ecas which take around 2 weeks from the day your ecas updated to in process . congratulation