+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paris Office Timeline

besboosa

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vera16 said:
Besboosa / My applivation was received almost 3 monthes before yours and exept that it concern 2 persons, I am Canadian, my husband and his 15 years old sons are French. They always lived in France (so not a country with visa), have no problem of justice or any other kind. We really so don't fit the White wedding profil( 3 teenagers living with us +our age + good situation of my husband in France so no financial or career interest to go in Canada), it would be kind of funny just to even think about it...but still we have to wait without knowing why and nothing we can do!
My point is not to discourage you but just don't put your hope too high maybe. :)
Did you get your yet or are you still waiting?

Vera16

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
South West France
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
Doc's Request.
04/20/2015
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
File Transfer...
02/27/2015
Med's Request
02/27/2015
Med's Done....
03/11/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
no visa country
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/2015
LANDED..........
08/28/2015
I am still waiting... Please don't be scared but it does happen, sometimes they take more time to revew an application. Just don't want you to be deasapointed :-X

OHHHH MY GOSH!!!!!!! While I was writting this answer my son in law shown up with the mail and this is our CORP!!!!! I am soooooo happy!!!!
See that was my point Besboosa, don't expect too much and let them surprise you...after all the average time is oficialy 8 monthes...so even if I felt like dying 10 000 000 times I have to say THANKS THANKS and THANKS

Ryit / I got it :) ;) :D :p :-* :-*

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
SA: 05/03/2015
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/05/2015--COPR received 02/06/2015
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
Vera16 said:
I am still waiting... Please don't be scared but it does happen, sometimes they take more time to revew an application. Just don't want you to be deasapointed :-X

OHHHH MY GOSH!!!!!!! While I was writting this answer my son in law shown up with the mail and this is our CORP!!!!! I am soooooo happy!!!!
See that was my point Besboosa, don't expect too much and let them surprise you...after all the average time is oficialy 8 monthes...so even if I felt like dying 10 000 000 times I have to say THANKS THANKS and THANKS

CONGRATS Vera16!!!!!! I know we don't even know each other but I swear every time I got e-mail alerts that something had been posted in the Paris forum I always hoped I would log on and see it was you with the message above.

I'm soooooo happy for you!!!! :p :D ;D

Did ECAS never change to decision made? Or did you just stop checking it because it was driving you crazy??

I see from the spreadsheet you already have your date your going to land!

Congrats again!!

Vera16

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
South West France
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
Doc's Request.
04/20/2015
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
File Transfer...
02/27/2015
Med's Request
02/27/2015
Med's Done....
03/11/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
no visa country
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/2015
LANDED..........
08/28/2015
Thanks Ryit :) Saw, I did put a little word for you bcs you always been a great support, always staying calm, logical with good advice...while I must have looking like bi-polar or something like that LOL
Yesterday was actualy the first day I didn't checked my e-cas...too deasapointed each time...so maybe it changed yesterday or this morning, I don't know. I just check right after I open the letter from the Ambasy and it says Decision made.
For the landing, I was ready to leave with my two sons hoping my husband and his son would be able to join us very soon...poker game....Now everything to be much more easy and the boys are happy not to be separeted. Us too, but it didn't seem to cross their mind! That's teenagers!
How do you like it over there? do you have your medical card and everything yet?

besboosa

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vera16 said:

Haha wow what a surprise while you were typing that your CoRP was waiting in the mail, that's a great feeling congratulations! I know what your saying how long has it took for you, do you count from the time you sent the application?

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
SA: 05/03/2015
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/05/2015--COPR received 02/06/2015
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
Vera16 said:
Thanks Ryit :) Saw, I did put a little word for you bcs you always been a great support, always staying calm, logical with good advice...while I must have looking like bi-polar or something like that LOL
Yesterday was actualy the first day I didn't checked my e-cas...too deasapointed each time...so maybe it changed yesterday or this morning, I don't know. I just check right after I open the letter from the Ambasy and it says Decision made.
For the landing, I was ready to leave with my two sons hoping my husband and his son would be able to join us very soon...poker game....Now everything to be much more easy and the boys are happy not to be separeted. Us too, but it didn't seem to cross their mind! That's teenagers!
How do you like it over there? do you have your medical card and everything yet?
Where in Canada will you be moving?

I am in Toronto, Ontario and love, love, love it here.

Medical card has been applied for, but there is a 90 day waiting period before health insurance kicks in. So they will mail it to me and I will start to be covered on September 11th. I already have my SIN number and am working.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
Vera16 said:

Congrats !
I told, we should expect the good news soooon :)

Have a very safe landing trip

soosan15

Jun 27, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am a new member to this great forum. I cannot begin to describe how helpful and useful some of the information I read in it are.
I was wondering if I can get some insight on a recent development that occurred in my case. Briefly: my application is being currently processed at Paris visa office. they requested additional information in forms of questions and requested me to respond to those questions via EMAIL only. this was on April 1st this year. a couple of weeks later, I responded to the request and answered all of the questions. However, I haven't heard anything back from the office for sometime so I decided to send them an inquiry two days ago requesting an update on my case. they replied couple of days later with something that I can't count as an update!! here is what they said:

this refers to your recent message:
- We note that your passport or that of your dependant(s) will expire soon. We strongly recommend that you have the passport(s) renewed or the validity extended as soon as possible. Once this has been done, please return this letter by email to paris-immigration @ international.gc.ca with a photocopy of the biographical pages and the page showing the validity of the passport(s);

I started working on issuing a new travel document and I will submit a copy as soon as I get it. Now my question is:
- I understand they only asked for a copy of my renewed passport and not the physical passport (no, i'm not from a visa-exempt country and I need a visa). so at what stage is my case now, and what is the next step?
- my other concern is that I won't be able to issue a new national passport, but, instead, I will obtain a "travel document" issued for protected person as I am one in a European country. would that be acceptable by the visa office should things went well and they wanted to issue a visa?

thank you in advance for your feedback, it would be very helpful.
cheers,

besboosa

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sa3Sa3 said:
Mabrook :)
So you choosed to send the passport by a courier. I was thinking of asking my spouse to go to the embassy herself to avoid any possible issues with courires espacially that she lives in Oum El Bouaghi.
Wish you the best bro.
did your ecas ever change to in progress?

besboosa

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just added two columns to the spreadsheet and filling out some information please take the time to fill yours

soosan15

Jun 27, 2015
Hi guys,

I would really appreciate your feedback on my case above. I am really worried about the process and I don't know what will happen next.
Thanks

besboosa

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soosan15 said:
Hi everyone,

I am a new member to this great forum. I cannot begin to describe how helpful and useful some of the information I read in it are.
I was wondering if I can get some insight on a recent development that occurred in my case. Briefly: my application is being currently processed at Paris visa office. they requested additional information in forms of questions and requested me to respond to those questions via EMAIL only. this was on April 1st this year. a couple of weeks later, I responded to the request and answered all of the questions. However, I haven't heard anything back from the office for sometime so I decided to send them an inquiry two days ago requesting an update on my case. they replied couple of days later with something that I can't count as an update!! here is what they said:

this refers to your recent message:
- We note that your passport or that of your dependant(s) will expire soon. We strongly recommend that you have the passport(s) renewed or the validity extended as soon as possible. Once this has been done, please return this letter by email to paris-immigration @ international.gc.ca with a photocopy of the biographical pages and the page showing the validity of the passport(s);

I started working on issuing a new travel document and I will submit a copy as soon as I get it. Now my question is:
- I understand they only asked for a copy of my renewed passport and not the physical passport (no, i'm not from a visa-exempt country and I need a visa). so at what stage is my case now, and what is the next step?
- my other concern is that I won't be able to issue a new national passport, but, instead, I will obtain a "travel document" issued for protected person as I am one in a European country. would that be acceptable by the visa office should things went well and they wanted to issue a visa?

thank you in advance for your feedback, it would be very helpful.
cheers,
no need to worry soosan,

Once you have your passport renewed hopefully everything will be in place, not to worry well your sponsor passed the first phase as far as I know now they look at the person being sponsored which I am assuming is you hopefully the last thing you need to do is renew your passport what does your online status say/ECAS?

soosan15

Jun 27, 2015
Thank you so much besboosa for your response, it is appreciated.
I am the sponsor and my husband is the sponsored person outside of Canada. I was just wondering why they didn't ask for the physical renewed passport, and instead they just requested a copy. My application was received by CIC October 2014 and the file was transferred to Paris visa office on January 2015. My E-cas shows "In Process" under the sponsored person section since April 2015.
I was wondering if there was any similar cases to mine!! I wish you all smooth and short process.
Thanks

besboosa

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soosan15 said:
Thank you so much besboosa for your response, it is appreciated.
I am the sponsor and my husband is the sponsored person outside of Canada. I was just wondering why they didn't ask for the physical renewed passport, and instead they just requested a copy. My application was received by CIC October 2014 and the file was transferred to Paris visa office on January 2015. My E-cas shows "In Process" under the sponsored person section since April 2015.
I was wondering if there was any similar cases to mine!! I wish you all smooth and short process.
Thanks
They only need copies they never ask for the physical passport, I am not sure about those who send their physical passport I never heard of CIC requesting physical passports unless its something else that they need to verify only front and back copies of passports are requested and that is sent with the application from the beginning you can check out the paris timeline in the signature below some people I added your username not sure of the exact dates but you may want to put them in just to help others with their dates but it sounds like it has been a long one for you if if you sent it in October of last year it depends I guess on the country your sponsoring your spouse from but wish you the best with your application!

soosan15

Jun 27, 2015
Hi again,

I'm sorry for the confusion. a copy of my husband's passport was requested by the visa office in Paris, not by CIC. I got SA back on late december 2014 and the file was transferred to Paris early January 2015. they visa office has requested my husband's birth certificate and police certificate on end of January 2015. On April 2015 the visa office sent an email asking me few questions and a separate email from CIC to update my medical tests. I complied with their requests mid of April.
last week I sent an inquiry to check the status of our application. then the visa office sent us an email back requesting a copy of my husband's renewed passport. my husbands lives in Spain but he is not from a visa-exempt country. so I am certain that, at some point, the visa office will need his physical passport to stamp the visa on if things went well.
I hope it's clearer now.
cheers,