+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents with PR, baby without but from Visa Waiver country

kinsella11

Apr 23, 2019
Grateful for any assistance with the following:

I, and my wife, were approved for PR in August last year and activated it then on a visit. We planned to move over but in the meantime my wife became pregnant and we decided to have the baby here in Ireland. We now plan to move to Canada and wonder how/what the status of our baby is. My understanding is, as the baby is an Irish citizen (qualifies for visa waiver), we can arrive together as a family (we are both PRs and baby can travel under ETA). We then plan to apply immediately for PR for our baby. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Grateful for any assistance with the following:

I, and my wife, were approved for PR in August last year and activated it then on a visit. We planned to move over but in the meantime my wife became pregnant and we decided to have the baby here in Ireland. We now plan to move to Canada and wonder how/what the status of our baby is. My understanding is, as the baby is an Irish citizen (qualifies for visa waiver), we can arrive together as a family (we are both PRs and baby can travel under ETA). We then plan to apply immediately for PR for our baby. Does that make sense?

Thanks!
It's likely to be the easiest option. The child is a "Foreign National" and could, in theory be denied entry to Canada, but this is extremely unlikely.
Once you get the PR application underway, you can apply for visa extensions, if required, on the basis of the active application.