+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor's Visa got rejected. Should i reapply for mother first and then father ?

RK91

Jul 27, 2019
Hello,

I applied for my parents visitor's visa in June 2018. But unfortunately their visa rejected. My father is retired business man (in is his 70s) and mother is a homemaker. I am the only child living in Canada as a permanent resident.

Although they showed enough asset. The visa officer gave following reasons for refusal.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

I am not sure what strong ties I can show for my parents in India.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have grandparents who lives in their country? If so, you can mention their ties in your invitation letter. Applying separately is an idea but cannot work alone. How do you know they show enough assets?

RK91

Jul 27, 2019
Do you have grandparents who lives in their country? If so, you can mention their ties in your invitation letter. Applying separately is an idea but cannot work alone. How do you know they show enough assets?
No, I lost my grandparents long before. They showed around $85,000 of bank balance including Fixed deposits and their house papers.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I lost my grandparents long before. They showed around $85,000 of bank balance including Fixed deposits and their house papers.
Maybe you should order their notes from the canada.ca website to find out the details why they were refused.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How much liquid deposits do they have? Assume they have not travelled to countries similar to Canada like US, Australia, UK, etc. What kind of ties did your parents show? Do they have to return to get their pension? How long did they ask to visit Canada?

RK91

Jul 27, 2019
How much liquid deposits do they have? Assume they have not travelled to countries similar to Canada like US, Australia, UK, etc. What kind of ties did your parents show? Do they have to return to get their pension? How long did they ask to visit Canada?
They showed around $85,000. They mentioned about their siblings living in the same town. My father was into a business so he doesn't get any government pension. They asked to visit for a month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They showed around $85,000. They mentioned about their siblings living in the same town. My father was into a business so he doesn't get any government pension. They asked to visit for a month.
Would ask for a shorter time 2-3 weeks and try to find more ties to home,

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Is it worth to make a reservation for return flight and upload it? That's one way to show they'll leave at the end of their visit.