+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
you will get invitations code when you sign up and no there was not Any questions
Thanks, re your question, I think if your parents want to visit you, then you need to indicate the duration of their stay and say for family visit in that box.

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
So I have a situation where both my mom and dad go their biometric in one application about a month back. But the system shows that my mom's biometric has been completed but my dad's still shows that they have not received his biometrics. Which does not make sense as he has the sticker on his passport as a proof that he did gave the finger prints at the VFS location. Do you know whom to reach out? Thanks
Usually it will get updated within few days.. can you check the right side up corner of the status bar ( below UCI & application Number ) ?. usually Biometrics validation date will be shown here.

newbee2391

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi, I am working on my mothers visa (my father passed away few years ago) application. She has previously visited Canada twice and since her visa is now expired we are applying again.
would like to get your advice on 2 things:
  1. Proof of fund - she is a homemaker and I will be sponsoring her entire stay including paying for her tickets, insurance etc. She has no income and barely any fixed deposits so what can I show as proof of funds from her end? Would my bank statements & tax records be sufficient? Do I need to address this situation in detail in my invitation letter to the visa officer?
  2. Itinerary for her stay - She is basically coming to stay with me the main reason being her milestone bday and it’s been a while since I have met her. In this case do I have to make a fancy itinerary for her 6 months stay even though we have no such plans or can it be as simple as celebrating her bday and spending the summers with me
    please advice? Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am working on my mothers visa (my father passed away few years ago) application. She has previously visited Canada twice and since her visa is now expired we are applying again.
would like to get your advice on 2 things:
  1. Proof of fund - she is a homemaker and I will be sponsoring her entire stay including paying for her tickets, insurance etc. She has no income and barely any fixed deposits so what can I show as proof of funds from her end? Would my bank statements & tax records be sufficient? Do I need to address this situation in detail in my invitation letter to the visa officer?
  2. Itinerary for her stay - She is basically coming to stay with me the main reason being her milestone bday and it’s been a while since I have met her. In this case do I have to make a fancy itinerary for her 6 months stay even though we have no such plans or can it be as simple as celebrating her bday and spending the summers with me
    please advice? Thanks in advance
Generally TRV applicants have to show that they have their own funds and can pay for their visit. Seems like your only option is to indicate that you will pay for everything. If she has any savings I would include statements. If she owns property I would include the assessment. A supervisa may be a better option because it is more dependent on the child’s finances in Canada. The fact that she had traveled to Canada twice and returned home does help her application.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hello All,
I am soon planning to put my parents' Visitor Visa and would like to know whether the list of documents I am writing here is sufficient or not.

1. Parents Passport
2. Their Marriage Certificate
3. Proof of Vaccination with QR
4. Planned Itinerary
5. Account Statements, FDs, Valuation, or CA Report
6. Purpose of Visit

From my side:
1. My Birth Certificate
2. My PR cards
3. My Passport
4. My Proof of Funds
5. Letter of Invitation

Please Advise
Thank you
Hi, I hope you are well. I need your help as I was working on my mothers profile and the system only genereted one icon under supporting document. It just asks for passport. Is that the way you saw on your profile or did I fill sth wrong? Can you please share your input? Thanks so much

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi, I filled out the application on the IRCC portal for my parents but it did not ask for my details as well as the letter of invitation. Did I do something wrong?

Supporting documents
StatusDocument nameAdd or change file
Not uploadedPassport/travel documentNo file chosen Add file
Not uploadedFunds (proof)No file chosen Add file
Not uploadedMarriage certificate
No file chosen Add file
Optional documents
StatusDocument nameAdd or change file
Not uploadedConsent personal informationNo file chosen Add file
Not uploadedEmployer letter (current)No file chosen Add file
Not uploadedAdditional documents
Any additional documents or explanation that you think may assist the processing officer.
No file chosen
expand...
Hi, I hope you are well. I need your help as I was working on my mothers profile and the system only genereted one icon under supporting document. It just asks for passport. Is that the way you saw on your profile or did I fill sth wrong? Can you please share your input? Thanks so much

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Sorry for the late reply, Yes, the new portal was kind of off for me. I would suggest try to apply using a GCkey account

Reactions: Parisuzy

Parth Jani

Feb 8, 2020
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes the options are like this and if you would have answered correctly, there will be three options exactly as @PMC89.
I would suggest going through each questions again and make sure to answer them correctly.

go through this Video thoroughly which I found in other thread on this forum. It will help a lot

Reactions: Parisuzy

Parth Jani

Feb 8, 2020
Hello All,
I would like to post my timeline here:

Application Submission: 26 Feb, 2022
Bio Req.: 28 Feb, 2022
Bio. appoinment: 3rd March, 2022
BVL & PPR : 10 March, 2022
Passport Submission Req to VFS: 10 March, 2022

Waiting for passport pickup.