+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Thank you so much for the information. Not really acting as a representative but just filling out on behalf of my parents. I provided my parents phone no as primary and mine as the alternate no. Does IRCC actually call them? I would rather have them call me instead of them. But if IRCC only emails then it is fine
Phone number you can give whichever convenient for you. They are not going to call you. They are just collecting the information.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Hi Guys,

Filling out the Family Information for IMM 5645 for my parents

In section A, I put details of my Mother and Father (PA)

Section B, which is for children, I put my details and my sister's.

Section C, I am only putting details of my Dad's brothers and sister who are alive. The thing is my dad had 9 siblings, 6 of them died a long time ago, also there is no record of their date of birth and they died many decades ago. Do we still have to mention the deceased or we can only mention those siblings who are alive?

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
What to select for self-employed in work activities in the new portal? I do not see any option Kindly please help.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi - I applied on March 10th for my father from Chennai, India. He did not get a request for his biometric but got a passport request directly today.

He is 81 years of age. Is this normal?

Also what is the procedure to submit the passport in VFS Chennai? Anone with a recent experience.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi - I applied on March 10th for my father from Chennai, India. He did not get a request for his biometric but got a passport request directly today.

He is 81 years of age. Is this normal?

Also what is the procedure to submit the passport in VFS Chennai? Anone with a recent experience.
people above 79yrs and below 14 doesn’t require biometrics

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
people above 79yrs and below 14 doesn’t require biometrics
Thanks. ...So it is indeed Passport request....couldnt believe when I saw this -----just a matter of 11 days in today including 2 weekends...wasnt expecting things to be so quick.

So it is just a matter of sending the ppt to VFS and getting it back - any idea of the ETA from VFS Chennai, India for the round trip.

Reactions: canadian321

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Thanks. ...So it is indeed Passport request....couldnt believe when I saw this -----just a matter of 11 days in today including 2 weekends...wasnt expecting things to be so quick.

So it is just a matter of sending the ppt to VFS and getting it back - any idea of the ETA from VFS Chennai, India for the round trip.
don’t know abt vfs chennai…vfs bangalore took abt 8-9 days( from payment date to passport drop off)

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
don’t know abt vfs chennai…vfs bangalore took abt 8-9 days( from payment date to passport drop off)
Is this a recent estimate? 8 - 9 days - business or calendar? Considering that canadian consulate is in Bengaluru, the Visa stamping should be relatively quicker end to end when compared to Chennai, I presume.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Is this a recent estimate? 8 - 9 days - business or calendar? Considering that canadian consulate is in Bengaluru, the Visa stamping should be relatively quicker end to end when compared to Chennai, I presume.
we got our in.laws stamped in second week of feb…like we paid for passport service on a thursday and next friday we got it back(they came for pickup only on that monday)

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
we got our in.laws stamped in second week of feb…like we paid for passport service on a thursday and next friday we got it back(they came for pickup only on that monday)
Thanks. Do we schedule the pickup or will they come any time. It says 3 to 5 business days for the pick up. Hence asking.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Thanks. Do we schedule the pickup or will they come any time. It says 3 to 5 business days for the pick up. Hence asking.
we just make payment n vfs will send u email with instructions,consent forms and awb numbers…also asking us to prepare the passport for pickup, which will happen in 3-4 days… usually the courier guy(blue dart) will call us on the day he is coming (for pickup n drop off)

bono32323

Oct 1, 2021
Hi All,

I am on a Work Permit in Canada and applying for my Parents visitor visa and have few questions. My Father would be the primary applicant
1. For Funds Proof - Should he break his money in FDs or should get a document from bank which mentions about the FD and account balance
What other documents can we include, Bank statement, Pension slips or any Property documents
2. For my mother should we include bank statement of her account as well, again should we break her FDs and then take the bank statement or only my Father's funds proof would be enough
3. Marriage Certificate - My parents were marriend in the 70s so they don't have any certificate so should we get an affidavit for the same, name of each other is present in their passports
4. I do not have PR and on a Work permit so would this option be correct for them "To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months"
5. What should be the answer to - Do you have a valid national identity document? Should it be No as I believe Adhaar card is not consider as a national identity
5. How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? I am planning to put 20000 CAD, Should I mention it for both the parents, does that mean we should show 12 Lakhs in bank statements
6. Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? Should I answer it as No or Yes for my mother since she would be a dependent of father

It would be really helpful for me and other folks if someone could help with these questions

Thank you

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Hi good people,

My parents are coming to Canada. My Father is the Principal applicant and my mother is also coming as a family member. Does my mother also need to fill out her own version of the form Application for Visitor Visa (TRV) IMM 5257?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
we just make payment n vfs will send u email with instructions,consent forms and awb numbers…also asking us to prepare the passport for pickup, which will happen in 3-4 days… usually the courier guy(blue dart) will call us on the day he is coming (for pickup n drop off)
Thanks

Reactions: canadian321

salw578

Oct 23, 2020
I am planning on applying a visitor visa for my parents. (Technically my dad is applying for one from India)
1. Does it matter if i apply from here or if he does from India?
2. My mom is dependent on my dad as she is a home-maker, she does have some funds in her sayings account.(On her application, we mentioned the same amount as dad and for the question "Is someone else paying you for the trip, we mentioned yes and put my dad's name.) I am planning on attaching a letter of financial support signed by dad, is that fine?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing for you.
Have a great day!