Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Do your parents have any other assets? Home ownership? Any children that live in India? What do you mean by new bank statements? Were they not showing 10k each the first time? Would include approved leave for both of them and include any other proof of why they’ll need to return to India. Do not buy any tickets before you get approval. No issue keeping MIL as primary applicant.
@canuck78 They already showed CA assessment certificate for Assets and Source of fund, which clearly showed all the FDs and other ownership details of property which totals to more than $100K for each of them. But their Saving's bank account did not have $10k equivalent liquid cash. Had only $4k and $6k each. Is it still required to show that liquid cash ready for use in their savings accounts ?

And my 2nd rejection was on Jan 17, 2013 for Travel between March 25 - May 25. When would be a good time to reapply and can I use the same start date of March 25 with a visit period of only 3 weeks now. or Do I need to change the Travel dates to April or May? Please Advise.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
If someone could please reply to my query above. Thanks.
@canuck78 @cansha
Your post is very confusing for me. First, you said you showed $10K for each parent and now you are saying you showed $4k for one and $6K for other. That is definitely very low for asking a 2 month visit originally asked. That is total $10K and almost $3K will be gone in just tickets. Also, FD is liquid money even if it is not in savings account. But you are clubbing all that with property assessment. These CA certificates actually mean nothing but your proofs are confusing to read.

Basically, ask for a 3 week visit and show enough funds to cover that. The funds should be good enough to cover their costs for travel, insurance and boarding and lodging without any help from you.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Your post is very confusing for me. First, you said you showed $10K for each parent and now you are saying you showed $4k for one and $6K for other. That is definitely very low for asking a 2 month visit originally asked. That is total $10K and almost $3K will be gone in just tickets. Also, FD is liquid money even if it is not in savings account. But you are clubbing all that with property assessment. These CA certificates actually mean nothing but your proofs are confusing to read.

Basically, ask for a 3 week visit and show enough funds to cover that. The funds should be good enough to cover their costs for travel, insurance and boarding and lodging without any help from you.
Thanks for the reply. I will separate FD from my CA evaluation report and will also get Letter from bank clearly mentioning FD and savings account details.
As you said, my CA report had everything mentioned together. May be that would have been confusing for the Officer.

Could you please answer this part @cansha 'And my 2nd rejection was on Jan 17, 2013 for Travel between March 25 - May 25. When would be a good time to reapply and can I use the same start date of March 25 with a visit period of only 3 weeks now. or Do I need to change the Travel dates to April or May? Please Advise'. Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I will separate FD from my CA evaluation report and will also get Letter from bank clearly mentioning FD and savings account details.
As you said, my CA report had everything mentioned together. May be that would have been confusing for the Officer.

Could you please answer this part @cansha 'And my 2nd rejection was on Jan 17, 2013 for Travel between March 25 - May 25. When would be a good time to reapply and can I use the same start date of March 25 with a visit period of only 3 weeks now. or Do I need to change the Travel dates to April or May? Please Advise'. Thanks
I don't think changing travel dates is required. You can apply now if you are able to address all the rejection reasons given in previous refusal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 They already showed CA assessment certificate for Assets and Source of fund, which clearly showed all the FDs and other ownership details of property which totals to more than $100K for each of them. But their Saving's bank account did not have $10k equivalent liquid cash. Had only $4k and $6k each. Is it still required to show that liquid cash ready for use in their savings accounts ?

And my 2nd rejection was on Jan 17, 2013 for Travel between March 25 - May 25. When would be a good time to reapply and can I use the same start date of March 25 with a visit period of only 3 weeks now. or Do I need to change the Travel dates to April or May? Please Advise.
Liquid cash is still the most important because if they run into an science they would need cash available not a FD. There have been many examples of family breakdowns where family members stop being prepared to support a family member financially which is why IRCC wants to see cash available if someone needs to get a hotel room, needs to purchase a flight, etc. or has an emergency like needing some emergency dental work, etc. You can still apply for March if there is a reason behind the date but I would limit the stay to 2-3 weeks.

sadlifecanada

Jan 17, 2023
Applied - Jan 6th
Biometrics - Jan 10th
Rejection - Jan 17th

Reason:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Me and my wife are PRs in Canada and below are the details:

Purpose of visit: To spend time with family
Duration of stay: 4 months
Funds: Our funds in Canadian account (CAD 53000), dad's liquid funds (8000 CAD), mom's funds (1000 CAD), dad's mutual funds (77000 CAD), mom's mutual funds (52000 CAD)
Along with this, dad receives pension for about 85k inr per month, attached a statement for that.
Ties to India: My dad is a visiting professor so we attached the employment letter. Since it is visiting and not full time, we did not attach any specific date that he is required to return. Pension records.
Documents:
- Invitation letter stating the purpose of the trip and all the information about the stay.
- Letter of financial indicating that we will sponsor the entire trip including accommodation, food, travel, etc.
- Me and wife's bank statements, Paystubs,
- Parents' bank statements, IT returns, mutual fund statements for both, pension statement
- Employment letter for dad
- Property papers for two houses in India worth around 40L each.
- Return flight tickets
- Travel history to Singapore and Sri Lanka

More info: I have a sister who works in Australia and was not included in the application. Written in the invitation letter.

I am just lost now because we attached everything we could.
- Planning to reapply, what more can I include?
- Is it worth changing the duration to just one month? Maybe their liquid funds were not enough?
- Any other suggestions?

Report Edit
Hi, a follow up question to my above situation.
Planning to re apply, but confused on which is better - super visa or visitor visa again?
Was going to reduce the duration and increase liquid funds to address the rejection reasons. But reducing duration does not make any sense while applying for supervisa.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Liquid cash is still the most important because if they run into an science they would need cash available not a FD. There have been many examples of family breakdowns where family members stop being prepared to support a family member financially which is why IRCC wants to see cash available if someone needs to get a hotel room, needs to purchase a flight, etc. or has an emergency like needing some emergency dental work, etc. You can still apply for March if there is a reason behind the date but I would limit the stay to 2-3 weeks.
Thanks for the reply. But I know many people who have shown only Fixed deposit around 10 lakhs INR and only 1-2 lakhs in their savings bank account and their visas approved. So wanted to know will FD statements from bank be enough or we really must have those funds in the savings bank account ready to use. I am asking this, as breaking the FDs before the tenure will cause a penalty. Please comment what could be done.

Also at this point, instead of Parents showing funds, If Son/Daughter arranges sufficient Line of Credit in Canada (Similar to Personal Loan in India) and decide to Sponsor parents and take care of all their expenses. Will that be a better option? Just mentioning previous application scenarios below.
For Rejection 1 - Daughter Sponsored Parents. Refusal reason insufficient funds.
Rejection 2 - Parents taking care of all expenses. Refusal reason insufficient funds.

If anyone could please comment on the above two queries, it would be really helpful. Thanks.
@canuck78 @cansha

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply. But I know many people who have shown only Fixed deposit around 10 lakhs INR and only 1-2 lakhs in their savings bank account and their visas approved. So wanted to know will FD statements from bank be enough or we really must have those funds in the savings bank account ready to use. I am asking this, as breaking the FDs before the tenure will cause a penalty. Please comment what could be done.

Also at this point, instead of Parents showing funds, If Son/Daughter arranges sufficient Line of Credit in Canada (Similar to Personal Loan in India) and decide to Sponsor parents and take care of all their expenses. Will that be a better option? Just mentioning previous application scenarios below.
For Rejection 1 - Daughter Sponsored Parents. Refusal reason insufficient funds.
Rejection 2 - Parents taking care of all expenses. Refusal reason insufficient funds.

If anyone could please comment on the above two queries, it would be really helpful. Thanks.
@canuck78 @cansha
Approval is always based on the big picture but it is rare to get approval with 1-2k. Would personally not cash in the FD. Would suggest applying for a supervisa.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I had already answered this in my previous comment. FD is liquid money and no need to break that.

Not sure why you want to complicate things. Other posters and I have repeatedly mentioned that funds need to be in applicant names, and they need to be commensurate with the length of visit requested. If you show load / credit is being used to pay for the trip the visa definitely be rejected.

I understand you are nervous after two rejections, but you are asking same questions again and again and no one here can give you a guarantee that visa will be approved. What we can tell you is very simple

1. Ask for a shot visit
2. Show enough funds in applicants' accounts to cover the trip without any external help.
3. Show as much as ties back home as possible

If #2 is not possible and you want to show your own funds, then apply for super visa instead of visit visa.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
I had already answered this in my previous comment. FD is liquid money and no need to break that.

Not sure why you want to complicate things. Other posters and I have repeatedly mentioned that funds need to be in applicant names, and they need to be commensurate with the length of visit requested. If you show load / credit is being used to pay for the trip the visa definitely be rejected.

I understand you are nervous after two rejections, but you are asking same questions again and again and no one here can give you a guarantee that visa will be approved. What we can tell you is very simple

1. Ask for a shot visit
2. Show enough funds in applicants' accounts to cover the trip without any external help.
3. Show as much as ties back home as possible

If #2 is not possible and you want to show your own funds, then apply for super visa instead of visit visa.
Thanks for the reply @cansha & @canuck78 . Appreciate your time.

Reactions: mkaur92

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Just now got Third time Rejection for my parents visitor visa.

Third application date : Feb15
Refusal Letter Generic : Feb 27 with same reasons before. Insufficient funds and purpose of travel.

Following were shown this time after everyones suggestions and advise here :
1. Duration of Travel was 3 weeks
2. Invitation letter was notarized
3. Day to day Itinerary attached
4. Funds shows 20,000 CAD for each Parent (Savings + Fixed Deposit)
5. CA document showed even more liquid funds as FDs and Properties etc.

I really dont understand what is wrong this time. The letter says Refusal Generic. I dont know if this is software generated or if someone really had a look at my application.

Can someone point me to a thread for step by step process for Super Visa application. I dont see any point in re applying for visit visa as there is nothing more we could show as documentation.
Really Disappointing !!

sadlifecanada

Jan 17, 2023
Just now got Third time Rejection for my parents visitor visa.

Third application date : Feb15
Refusal Letter Generic : Feb 27 with same reasons before. Insufficient funds and purpose of travel.

Following were shown this time after everyones suggestions and advise here :
1. Duration of Travel was 3 weeks
2. Invitation letter was notarized
3. Day to day Itinerary attached
4. Funds shows 20,000 CAD for each Parent (Savings + Fixed Deposit)
5. CA document showed even more liquid funds as FDs and Properties etc.

I really dont understand what is wrong this time. The letter says Refusal Generic. I dont know if this is software generated or if someone really had a look at my application.

Can someone point me to a thread for step by step process for Super Visa application. I dont see any point in re applying for visit visa as there is nothing more we could show as documentation.
Really Disappointing !!
Very sorry to hear that!

Point 4: You showed 20k CAD total or 40k CAD total? And how much of that was in savings account available to use (not FD)?

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Very sorry to hear that!

Point 4: You showed 20k CAD total or 40k CAD total? And how much of that was in savings account available to use (not FD)?
It was 40K total. around 15K liquid cash and rest as FDs. Showed all other FDs too which totalled to around 100K not including this 40K shown for this trip.

its insane that IRCC officers want only the extremely rich people to come to Canada as visitors. It is really frustrating !!

is there any webform or portal to raise concerns. I would like to appeal this rejection if there is any possibility.

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hello All,
Do we need to book the return ticket as well when flying with visitor visa?

I have approved visitor visa for parents.