+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visitor visa (TRV) refused on new portal

sadlifecanada

Jan 17, 2023
Applied - Jan 6th
Biometrics - Jan 10th
Rejection - Jan 17th

Reason:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Me and my wife are PRs in Canada and below are the details:

Purpose of visit: To spend time with family
Duration of stay: 4 months
Funds: Our funds in Canadian account (CAD 53000), dad's liquid funds (8000 CAD), mom's funds (1000 CAD), dad's mutual funds (77000 CAD), mom's mutual funds (52000 CAD)
Along with this, dad receives pension for about 85k inr per month, attached a statement for that.
Ties to India: My dad is a visiting professor so we attached the employment letter. Since it is visiting and not full time, we did not attach any specific date that he is required to return. Pension records.
Documents:
- Invitation letter stating the purpose of the trip and all the information about the stay.
- Letter of financial indicating that we will sponsor the entire trip including accommodation, food, travel, etc.
- Me and wife's bank statements, Paystubs,
- Parents' bank statements, IT returns, mutual fund statements for both, pension statement
- Employment letter for dad
- Property papers for two houses in India worth around 40L each.
- Return flight tickets
- Travel history to Singapore and Sri Lanka

More info: I have a sister who works in Australia and was not included in the application. Written in the invitation letter.

I am just lost now because we attached everything we could.
- Planning to reapply, what more can I include?
- Is it worth changing the duration to just one month? Maybe their liquid funds were not enough?
- Any other suggestions?

Report Edit

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Applied - Jan 6th
Biometrics - Jan 10th
Rejection - Jan 17th

Reason:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Me and my wife are PRs in Canada and below are the details:

Purpose of visit: To spend time with family
Duration of stay: 4 months
Funds: Our funds in Canadian account (CAD 53000), dad's liquid funds (8000 CAD), mom's funds (1000 CAD), dad's mutual funds (77000 CAD), mom's mutual funds (52000 CAD)
Along with this, dad receives pension for about 85k inr per month, attached a statement for that.
Ties to India: My dad is a visiting professor so we attached the employment letter. Since it is visiting and not full time, we did not attach any specific date that he is required to return. Pension records.
Documents:
- Invitation letter stating the purpose of the trip and all the information about the stay.
- Letter of financial indicating that we will sponsor the entire trip including accommodation, food, travel, etc.
- Me and wife's bank statements, Paystubs,
- Parents' bank statements, IT returns, mutual fund statements for both, pension statement
- Employment letter for dad
- Property papers for two houses in India worth around 40L each.
- Return flight tickets
- Travel history to Singapore and Sri Lanka

More info: I have a sister who works in Australia and was not included in the application. Written in the invitation letter.

I am just lost now because we attached everything we could.
- Planning to reapply, what more can I include?
- Is it worth changing the duration to just one month? Maybe their liquid funds were not enough?
- Any other suggestions?

Report Edit
Your parents have enough funds in mutual funds. I think the issue was the duration of trip asked. Also, since they have enough funds, you should not have mentioned that you will pay for their trip. Travel history to Singapore and Sri Lanka doesn't matter. If purpose of trip was related to pregnancy (guessing given 4 months of visit asked) then that would also lead to rejection.

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

sadlifecanada

Jan 17, 2023
T
Your parents have enough funds in mutual funds. I think the issue was the duration of trip asked. Also, since they have enough funds, you should not have mentioned that you will pay for their trip. Travel history to Singapore and Sri Lanka doesn't matter. If purpose of trip was related to pregnancy (guessing given 4 months of visit asked) then that would also lead to rejection.
Thank you so much for your reply!
Does liquidating some of the mutual funds and transferring to savings account make sense? since they are not FDs, can be withdrawn fast.
Yeah you are right, actual reason is pregnancy but did not write that as many said that causes rejection. So just wrote "to spend time with us and travel around Toronto"

sadlifecanada

Jan 17, 2023
Your application looks fine prima facie. You can infuse more funds in your parent's personal bank account, that should satisfy the visa officer. Secondly. show some assets in your home country-land, property, investments and some arguments in favor of coming back. Consult an agent, and he can point you
Thank you!! will try that.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Does liquidating some of the mutual funds and transferring to savings account make sense?
I don't think that is needed. Mutual funds are quite liquid. I think bigger issue was you asking for 4 months visit and then saying you will pay for it. That probably made the visa officer think about pregnancy even though it was not mentioned. They see enough applications to know or guess this. But again, this is just speculation. But I think you may have better chance if you reapplied with shorter duration.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hi guys,
I am with the same timelines. But this was my second refusal for my Parents (in-laws) on IRCC new Portal.

First application Refused on May 30, 2022.

Second Application filed on Jan 06, 2023
Refusal on Jan 17, 2023

The Reasons mentioned are:
1. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
2. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

These were the same reasons I got for my first refusal in May 2022. But this time I got new financial documents and Invitation letter stating clear purpose of travel to visit birthday celebration of Granddaughter and spend time with us. and also to visit major Tourist places. Mentioned $10,000 funds for each of them and period of stay as 2 months. Got CA evaluation certificate showing source of funds and 6 months Bank statements. Also mentioned that Parents would be bearing all expenses for this travel against first time when we sponsored them.

Parents are Doctor and Lawyer. Also submitted No objection certificate from Hospital mentioning Doctor would join back for duty after the period of two months.

I really cannot understand why was it again rejected for the same reasons. Can experts in this group please guide on what could be done in this case and how can I re apply with a greater chance for approval. Thanks.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Dunno what happened there, the applicants have any travel history ? Clearly, the case officer is not satisfied with the financial documents that you have submitted, although $10k for a month's stay is enough. Birthday celebration and spending time are compelling reasons too. Atleast , refusal was not given on insufficient home ties or steong ties in canada...You have to show your docs to an agent and discuss the way forward
Hi, Thanks for the reply.
Yes they do have travel history to Dubai and Indonesia for Tourism. The duration of visit for this refused application now was mentioned as 2 months (March 25-May25, 2023) with $10k for each parent and that they would be staying at our home.
Could you please reply to me below queries:
1. When can I re-apply? My daughters birthday falls in end of march. So If I apply later than that, what would be a strong reason?
2. Would showing Up-down flight tickets and a day to day Itinerary help?
3. What would be the funds required if I make the duration of visit to 3 weeks?
4. would getting the Invitation Letter Notarized help?

We really wish to bring them here before Fall 2023.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes they do have travel history to Dubai and Indonesia for Tourism. The duration of visit for this refused application now was mentioned as 2 months (March 25-May25, 2023) with $10k for each parent and that they would be staying at our home.
1. When can I re-apply? My daughters birthday falls in end of march. So If I apply later than that, what would be a strong reason?

Dubai and Indonesia do not count for travel history as much as say travel history to US, UK, Aus, NZ etc.

I think after the first refusal you should not have asked for 2 months. Ask for max of 3-4 weeks. 10K each are sufficient funds.

1. You can reapply anytime you like. Even without your daughter's birthday a family visit is good enough reason if they have not met you for a long time.
2; Flight won't help and even the IRCC website states to not book travel without visa approval. I'm not sure if Day to Day to itinerary helps either. I know many people suggest that here but people can write anything in itenary. My personal opinion it doesn't get as much weight as people seem to think it gets. I have parents and inlaw visas without it and have got those approved.
3. Still show 10K each or more
4. Don't think so. Letter of invitation doesn't really have as much weight as people seem to think. And I don't think officers actually have the time to read all the long letter of invitations for each applicant. Visas won't get processed if they did it for everyone. Even if we assume letter of invitation matters, notarization is not required. You can mention your details in letter of invite and if officers really wanted to verify your details they can do so easily.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Dubai and Indonesia do not count for travel history as much as say travel history to US, UK, Aus, NZ etc.

I think after the first refusal you should not have asked for 2 months. Ask for max of 3-4 weeks. 10K each are sufficient funds.

1. You can reapply anytime you like. Even without your daughter's birthday a family visit is good enough reason if they have not met you for a long time.
2; Flight won't help and even the IRCC website states to not book travel without visa approval. I'm not sure if Day to Day to itinerary helps either. I know many people suggest that here but people can write anything in itenary. My personal opinion it doesn't get as much weight as people seem to think it gets. I have parents and inlaw visas without it and have got those approved.
3. Still show 10K each or more
4. Don't think so. Letter of invitation doesn't really have as much weight as people seem to think. And I don't think officers actually have the time to read all the long letter of invitations for each applicant. Visas won't get processed if they did it for everyone. Even if we assume letter of invitation matters, notarization is not required. You can mention your details in letter of invite and if officers really wanted to verify your details they can do so easily.

Thank you so much for your reply.
I would like to reapply soon with the corrections you all mentioned, but as a thumb rule is there a few months that I should wait before applying again. Have read those in some forums. Was planning to get GCMS notes, but have seen people waiting for more than 2-3months to get the notes.

Also would hiring an Immigration consultant help or I can still apply on my on using the same IRCC portal?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply.
I would like to reapply soon with the corrections you all mentioned, but as a thumb rule is there a few months that I should wait before applying again. Have read those in some forums. Was planning to get GCMS notes, but have seen people waiting for more than 2-3months to get the notes.

Also would hiring an Immigration consultant help or I can still apply on my on using the same IRCC portal?
There is no thumb rule really. GCMS notes do take 30-60 days. If you are lucky you can get it in 30 days.

Immigration consultants are waste of money and they do not increase your chance of approval in anyway. The application is simple enough and they will fill out the same details. Personally, I would not want to share that level of personal detail with any external party so never used any consultants.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
In addition to that, your purpose of travel must be clear and length of stay reasonable for that purpose. Add evidence to all your arguements, and that's the only recipe for visa approvals.
Got you. Thanks again for your valuable response.
Also one last question. Is the profession of the applicant a concern when it comes to visa approvals. Among my Parents (in laws), Mother is Doctor and Father a Laywer. During both Refusals mother was kept as the primary applicant. And for the recent refusal, had even attached no objection certificate from her hospital stating joining back to work after 2 months. Can I still keep her as Primary and get an NOC for 3 weeks?

If I am planning to re apply, do you advise to change the dates of travel. or can use the same start date as before but only for 3 week instead of 2 months? Thanks in advance.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Also one last question. Is the profession of the applicant a concern when it comes to visa approvals. Among my Parents (in laws), Mother is Doctor and Father a Laywer. During both Refusals mother was kept as the primary applicant. And for the recent refusal, had even attached no objection certificate from her hospital stating joining back to work after 2 months. Can I still keep her as Primary and get an NOC for 3 weeks?

If I am planning to re apply, do you advise to change the dates of travel. or can use the same start date as before but only for 3 week instead of 2 months? Thanks in advance.
@Pinkman If you or anyone else could please reply to these queries. Would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017

If someone could please reply to my query, that would be of great help. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Do your parents have any other assets? Home ownership? Any children that live in India? What do you mean by new bank statements? Were they not showing 10k each the first time? Would include approved leave for both of them and include any other proof of why they’ll need to return to India. Do not buy any tickets before you get approval. No issue keeping MIL as primary applicant.