+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent's visitor visa through same mycic account- Father's visa approved;Mother's visa still awaited

touristcanada

Oct 29, 2017
Hello everyone,

I applied for visitor visa online for my mother and father with my father as a principal applicant and mother as an additional family member. The visa was applied on August 31, 2017 through the same mycic account as a single application. However, 2 separate application numbers (one for mother and one for my father) were generated upon submission. Though my father's visa was approved on September 13, 2017. However, there have not been any updates on my mother's visa application. I tried to contact Immigration Office in New Delhi via email and web form, however, haven't had any luck with any response from immigration. Has anyone faced the similar situation before? If yes, can you suggest any way out to expedite the application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

I applied for visitor visa online for my mother and father with my father as a principal applicant and mother as an additional family member. The visa was applied on August 31, 2017 through the same mycic account as a single application. However, 2 separate application numbers (one for mother and one for my father) were generated upon submission. Though my father's visa was approved on September 13, 2017. However, there have not been any updates on my mother's visa application. I tried to contact Immigration Office in New Delhi via email and web form, however, haven't had any luck with any response from immigration. Has anyone faced the similar situation before? If yes, can you suggest any way out to expedite the application?
When did you send the CSE + emails to the visa office?

Also, NDVO might not be the visa office that's processing your mom's application. Which city did they apply from?

Does your mom work/has worked in defense services, police, judiciary, a government department?

touristcanada

Oct 29, 2017
When did you send the CSE + emails to the visa office?

Also, NDVO might not be the visa office that's processing your mom's application. Which city did they apply from?

Does your mom work/has worked in defense services, police, judiciary, a government department?
Hi Bryanna,
Thanks for taking time to read and respond to my question. I submitted the web form on October 09, 2017 and then followed up with an email on October 16, 2017. The file is being processed at New Delhi visa office as confirmed by immigration customer service executives. My mother runs a private business and has never worked in defense services, judiciary or government services.

I am actually a permanent resident of Canada and I submitted the application online for both my parents. I also submitted Use of Representative Form ans declared myself as a respresentative for my parents.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,
Thanks for taking time to read and respond to my question. I submitted the web form on October 09, 2017 and then followed up with an email on October 16, 2017. The file is being processed at New Delhi visa office as confirmed by immigration customer service executives. My mother runs a private business and has never worked in defense services, judiciary or government services.

I am actually a permanent resident of Canada and I submitted the application online for both my parents. I also submitted Use of Representative Form ans declared myself as a respresentative for my parents.
Hi,

I suggest you send another email to NDVO requesting them to let you know the status of your mom's application + if the visa office requires any additional information/documents to make a decision.

We have seen cases where one parent received passport request but for some reason the passport request of the other parents did not show in the online account. Hope this is the case with your mom's application

Cheers

touristcanada

Oct 29, 2017
Hi,

I suggest you send another email to NDVO requesting them to let you know the status of your mom's application + if the visa office requires any additional information/documents to make a decision.

We have seen cases where one parent received passport request but for some reason the passport request of the other parents did not show in the online account. Hope this is the case with your mom's application

Cheers
Yes, I hope so too. I'll send NDVO another email as suggested. Thanks Bryanna

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
None (SA Confirmed through phone)
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
Any updates with regards to this application?