+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visitor visa through new IRCC portal

geo1804

Feb 13, 2022
Hi there,
My parents are going to apply for a visitor visa to visit me (Permanent Resident). There is something that has confused me: In the IRCC portal, if my father is the main applicant, should we create a separate application for my mother? When we filled out my father's application, we were asked whether my mother is also going to accompany him, and we chose "yes" and entered her information accordingly. So I was wondering if this means that my mother doesn't need to fill out a separate application, and thus if my father's application is approved, my mother will also be issued a visa automatically?

Would be grateful if you can help me with this.
Thanks

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi there,
My parents are going to apply for a visitor visa to visit me (Permanent Resident). There is something that has confused me: In the IRCC portal, if my father is the main applicant, should we create a separate application for my mother? When we filled out my father's application, we were asked whether my mother is also going to accompany him, and we chose "yes" and entered her information accordingly. So I was wondering if this means that my mother doesn't need to fill out a separate application, and thus if my father's application is approved, my mother will also be issued a visa automatically?

Thanks

after filling up your dad’s details you get to enter the 2nd applicant (your mom’s) details…keep filling the forms, you can make any number of changes before you submit

SBMAMUN

Feb 28, 2022
Hi there,

Thanks
after filling up your dad’s details you get to enter the 2nd applicant (your mom’s) details…keep filling the forms, you can make any number of changes before you submit
Hi ,
Have you submitted for your parents , does it ask you to upload Letter of invitation ?

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Hi ,
Have you submitted for your parents , does it ask you to upload Letter of invitation ?
Invitation letter is not a required document. If you want to upload it, there is a section to add Additional documents along with required files.

palash24

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hi, did you find any space to mention you mother's passport detail or passport photo to upload?